Thread: Sega: No Plans For Shenmue III, Seaman 2

General games Sega: No Plans For Shenmue III, Seaman 2

via Kotaku

Talking with Sega of America president Simon Jeffery today, we asked the inevitable question — Is Sega ever going to release Shenmue III? The Yu Suzuki helmed adventure that saw two releases on the Dreamcast and Xbox has yet to see its epically planned story fully resolved. Unfortunately, the fate of Ryo Hazuki and another taste of "Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment" will have to wait.

"There are no plans for [Shenmue III] right now," Jeffery told us. Despite being one of the most requested Sega "fanboy" titles, it certainly didn't sound like the publisher has much interest in or resources dedicated to the project.

Jeffery was at least less final on Shenmue III's fate than he was on a North American release of Seaman 2. We asked about the still unpublished PlayStation 2 oddball's Western release, to which Jeffery flat-out said "No."

Damn, so Seaman 2 is cancelled in the US. I hope it will be released on Japan at least :/

Seaman 2 was released last year in Japan for the Playstation 2. If you go on Play-Asia you can buy it for like $18 for a limited time only.

Oh it was released, thanks

No Shenmue III!? It would soooo kick ass on the 360, it would be perfect for the console. I mean, I guess there is room for a bit of a storyline, right?

The development cost would be very high, and I don't think the sales will be wonderful.

I think unless Sega plans on making a Dreamcast 2 or just a new system, Shenmue III will never see the light of day.

Thread Information