Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basilisk for PSP Updated (Mac Emu)

Blog Entries

Default Basilisk for PSP Updated (Mac Emu)

ChaosKnight has updated the Apple Macintosh emulator for the PSP, the port itself is of the Macintosh emulator Basilisk II, heres whats new:

It looks like POSIX is required for Extended FS. I tried to get around it with writing my own functions but to no avail. Not enough time today. I'll work on it a bit later maybe. I'm taking suggestions for what to work on next (proper color? ethernet? mac os 8? who knows?). I have uploaded a new binary set (for unzipping on your memory stick!) which will load up any HFV or DSK file that is sitting around. No more required startup.dsk... although you can keep it and it will still work.

-- EDIT --
    Forgot to put this in. The analog pad moves 2px at a time, which is too much for hitting small controls sometimes, so I made the DPad do 1px. Much easier.

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/basilisk.shtml

Also I wanted to let everyone know I'm keeping a blog about my personal experiances (less development talk more general thoughts. You may want to check it out here: BasiliskII PSP Dev Blog

Hey, top work ChaosKnight

I'll be following that blog closely dude.

~ elroy
    http://www.pspmine.com

DCEmu Newbie

Does anyone know anywhere to get some games for this?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosKnight
    Also I wanted to let everyone know I'm keeping a blog about my personal experiances (less development talk more general thoughts. You may want to check it out here: BasiliskII PSP Dev Blog

I checked your blog... I think you might get a response from Apple.. Unfortunately its probably going to be a cease and decist knowing them.

DCEmu Regular

http://mac.the-underdogs.org/

thats a good site for old mac games.

How about applications? I'll edit my post if I find any on my searches.

I'm seriously up for some Photoshop portable.

Quote Originally Posted by BazzaLB
    I checked your blog... I think you might get a response from Apple.. Unfortunately its probably going to be a cease and decist knowing them.
    I highly doubt that. There's nothing illegal about emulating a Macintosh provided you are a Macintosh owner yourself. I myself happen to own a few Mac IIs one of which is a giant, hulking Quadra 950. So there's really nothing they can tell me to cease about as there's nothing illegal in my actions.
    w00t

Chaos, great job with this one, really. I suggest a solution like ScummVM for the keyboard, waddayasay? Maybe you could ask the author of ScummVM for a helping hand on that one?

if i use my old Performa 6220 CD that comes with 7.5 well that work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information