Thread: Having Trouble Downgrading

DCEmu Newbie

Default Having Trouble Downgrading

Hi ive been trying to downgrade my psp.
    I have all the files in the folders on my memory stick but when i Navigate to Photo then Memory stick via the PSP’s menu system it wont let me scroll down through the photos it just freezes and after about 5 seconds it turns off

anyone know what im doing wrong

Darren

make sure you follow all the steps exactly
    make sure you know where the "Root" of the mem stick is (N:\ or whatever the drive letter it assigns)
    read some guides like the ones found on this site and read through to make sure you're doinging everythign right
    make sure it is a 2.00 psp
    all the psp's are more or less the same here, so if you do everything right the way you're supposed to do it, it should work the exact same way

the freezing thing is part of the downgrade process, dont worry its normal! it just means its started, once you have gone into the photo menu and its frozen and turned off, restart and then go into the game menu and select the 1.50 update, it will begin and then you will see a percentage bar for the upgrade process, this will freeze at 99%, this is also normal! it will tell you upgrade has failed, restart psp again and it will tell you data is corrupt, press o to fix or something like that? next you have to re configure psp settings, time and date etc then its done, just check firmware version in system settings menu! i have downgraded several psp's now and they have all been sucessful

well, it actually isnt supposed to turn off after 5 secs, so i think something isnt right there...its supposed to do its thing, then u have to manually turn it off by holding down switch after like 30 secs

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the replys

Im putting them in to MP_ROOT is this right ?

DCEmu Newbie

I have it working now i had them in the wrong root folder

thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Smile

when mine works corrextly the screen tuns black and either desplays a three line code or a bunch of jumbled letters both will work.

Thread Information