Thread: Transformers DS Game In "Looks Good" Shock

Blog Entries

NDS Transformers DS Game In "Looks Good" Shock

Considering it's a kids game, and it's on the DS, and stars the new kids-oriented Transformers, you might not give the new Transformers Animated game a chance. I know the show - Megatron, Starscream and that Nazi Decepticon aside - is just awful. But the game looks (relatively) pretty neat! Really. It's a side-scrolling platformer broken up by vehicle sections, but when side-scrolling, you control one Autobot, with the others scrolling right there with you. And you can switch between them effortlessly, to take advantage of their various strengths/weaknesses in order to solve puzzles or, as Ironhide would put it, kick some Decepticreep butt. Sounds mundane, but people as old as me may remember the original 80s Transformers game, and how this is almost exactly the same, which is a nice touch. Presser after the jump.

http://kotaku.com/5028982/transforme...oks-good-shock

You are correct sir, the new television series is utter crap, but this game does look like it could be a lot of fun! I'm curious!

It's a shame they do not bring back classic Transformers now that there's a market for it again. I pretty muched enjoyed all the various cartoons they've released in the past, even the movie, but this new cartoon incarnation is really...

...not Japanese let alone remotely hard core.

Blog Entries

Transformers has sucked since beast wars which where awesome.

I bet this game will get 7's. Considering where its coming from thats pretty good..

Thread Information