Thread: PS3 Firmware 2.42 Released!

DCEmu Pro

Default PS3 Firmware 2.42 Released!

Yet another minor update:

Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up that a PS3 firmware update (v2.42) is now available for download. This update improves the playback quality of some PlayStation 3 and PlayStation format software.
    And also some have reported a Bluetooth mic bugfix, and smoother In-Game XMB usage.

You may have noticed that sony's got a liiiittle bit of congestion going on, so here's another precious download link to get you back online

WARNING: Updater Finishes around 55% and goes to black screen (resetting). DO NOT BE SCARED when it happens, your ps3 is not getting bricked. it got my goat. DO NOT TURN OFF THE PS3 during black screen. I can see how some would mistake it for being frozen, thus bricking their consoles.
    Last edited by Sterist; July 30th, 2008 at 12:48.

huh? what is this? please explain?

DCEmu Pro

1. "update thread" for firmware 2.42 ......

2. link available to download the update from someone other than the 50kb/sec (1hour) Sony servers, for Storage update method (aka PC method)

========================
    and again, no matter who you get this update from, your screen will go black about half way thru the update process.

some people on the playstation forums flipped off the switch (because it stays black for about 15sec before reset)

if anyone hasn't noticed, sony changed the update installing methods/prompting as of 2.40 so there may be a spook here and there (damn you sony)

========================

did you have a hard time understanding something from the main post? please explain, so i can clarify it if i haven't already, and improve for future posts
    Last edited by Sterist; July 31st, 2008 at 00:31.

na.... tried it myself... I got scared yet, I left it alone and started again so im happy, sucks for people who turned it off

Thread Information