Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: x-men legends 2 REQUIRES V2.00

DCEmu Newbie

Default x-men legends 2 REQUIRES V2.00

After just buying x-men legends 2 I can confirm it requires firmware 2.0 to play. Not a big deal now that we have a working downgrader but it's still a pain in the ass.

DCEmu Newbie

goto www.yourpsp.com and you can download the newest firmware to your psp via a wireless connection

DCEmu Newbie

uh the point being you could no longer play homebrew. That's basically the reason I got my PSP. I found a handy program though that lets you switch though the bioses without any trouble. Neat.

yep, i love the WAB/SXT version changers, they just trick your psp into thinking its a higher version to avoid an update check :P
    kinda sucks tho that once they release games that require 2.5(which may very well not happen for a LONG time) we wont be able to use the same method...but some1 will find a way, im sure of it.
    but until that happens, we're still set for a while with the version changer tricks

so this game wil accept the version trick or not has anyone tried as i know gta wont run even with a trick aarrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh

DCEmu Newbie

It problably runs with the version changer. I think they made sure that GTA "required" the actual update because GTA is possibly the biggest selling game that's going to be released on the system this year, and maybe even through next year as well. It's going to be a system seller like GTA3 was a PS2 seller. So it was a good game to start actually requiring the update instead of just allowing version tricks to work.

true, true

i never updated my software once, i tried to but could never figure out how. I messed with the settings, tried countless times and just gave up.

point of my post is that I have x-men 2 working on my psp. Im using the fastloader V0.8 and it works no problem.

PSP Coder

The game runs on a 1.5, So even if it needs 2.0 it does not enforce it like GTA does. GTA in no posible way (including a rip to the memstick) will run on a 1.5 unit.

DCEmu Newbie

X| The new GTA doesn't work on 1.5's because of the codec its videos use, which is only available on a 2.0 or higher. I say it's time we try to get 2.0 fully cracked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information