Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uberjack News - PSP on TV

Blog Entries

psp Uberjack News - PSP on TV

Some Tidbits from Uberjack:

I finally broke down and bought a component cable, to be able to play PSP games on a TV. The experience was… disappointing, to say the least. The entire PSP screen takes up a fraction of the television’s screen, somewhat killing the point of having a TV cable. The XMB/DVD playback screen is larger (it’s displayed in interlaced mode), but still relatively small.

This probably wouldn’t be that big of an issue, if the cable worked on traditional TV’s (it won’t, unless your TV supports progressive scan), but it doesn’t, and using it on a big-screen TV kinda makes you wonder why the whole thing was put together in the first place.

http://0xff.akop.org/2008/07/31/psp-on-tv/

DCEmu Newbie

This is why FuSa exists. (http://foosa.do.am/)

Right now it's only compatible with a select bunch of games. The speed is similar to emulation... but as FuSa updates it's getting better and better. I'm just waiting for MHF2 compatibility :3

DCEmu Rookie

I was the same, I had my amstrad emu ready to when my cables came and pluged it into my dads 42in lcd thinking full screen roland in space and then this. a small box in the middle of the screen, it's like being in the dark ages again.

Fusa just seems to have to many issues, too slow, crashes etc.

Great work with the new speccy emu by the way.

DCEmu Old Pro

Outside of playing movies on your TV the TV out option on the PSP was pointless anyways.

same here, I was happy I bought t the I turned it on and it was ok, then wanted to play a game the screen shrieked, I was like wtf?!?! I added the zoom feature of my tv and was ok

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Desuka View Post
    This is why FuSa exists. (http://foosa.do.am/)
    .am eh? Coincidence? I think not

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Some Tidbits from Uberjack:

I finally broke down and bought a component cable, to be able to play PSP games on a TV. The experience was… disappointing, to say the least. The entire PSP screen takes up a fraction of the television’s screen, somewhat killing the point of having a TV cable. The XMB/DVD playback screen is larger (it’s displayed in interlaced mode), but still relatively small.

This probably wouldn’t be that big of an issue, if the cable worked on traditional TV’s (it won’t, unless your TV supports progressive scan), but it doesn’t, and using it on a big-screen TV kinda makes you wonder why the whole thing was put together in the first place.

http://0xff.akop.org/2008/07/31/psp-on-tv/
    This "review" is all over the place... first he says "The XMB/DVD playback screen is larger (it’s displayed in interlaced mode)", then later he says "This probably wouldn’t be that big of an issue, if the cable worked on traditional TV’s (it won’t, unless your TV supports progressive scan)". Perhaps he means that Official Games only work in progressive mode. He should state that to avoid confusing readers.

He also states "The XMB/DVD playback screen is larger (it’s displayed in interlaced mode), but still relatively small." Not sure what he means... the XMB/video playback fills the entire display unless you're doing something like playing back a letter-boxed video, then it's SUPPOSED to not fill the entire display.

Then there is the growing amount of homebrew which makes full use of the TV out. In fact, I just updated Basilisk II with a couple more modes to make the TV out look even better with HDTVs.

All in all, a very poor review of a wonderful feature in our favorite handheld.

Blog Entries

Foosa is awesome.. One of my favorite plugins.

I'm about the same here, just bought my component cable, also I got a 39 inch HDTV wich is kind of ok, so I thought there would be no problems

at first it looked ok but then I started a game and the screen shrunk to a tiny square. The zoom feature of my tv doesn't make it much better so I'm a bit pissed off.

The only good thing is that the videos I have look very nice on the tv, haven't tried umd movies though

So far I feel it's a bit of a waste

I have a SLIM, and component cables.
    Hit the "zoom" button on your TV a couple times, and the pic is nearly full screen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information