Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I said good bye to my PSP 1.50 Release today

Default I said good bye to my PSP 1.50 Release today

Well I bought my PSP right when it was released in the US... and I have really enjoyed it. But the lack of games I enjoy and the fact that I saw something I could not live without today has forced me to say good bye.

First off I had a Nintendo DS also when it was released in the US. I also did not enjoy the lack of games on it (Metroid Prime Hunters still has yet to be released). But Coded Arms, Need for Speed and Midnight Club just was not good enough to keep my PSP. I will get another with the promise of the Mega Man Legends releases but for now I had to go with a DS after I saw two games:

Lunar Dragon Song (Which I have collected all the others)
    and
    Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

So I traded everything in. I will miss my emulation but I did not spend 250 for a system that I only really enjoyed having a SNES Emu on. (Plus I understand there is a SNES EMU for DS so I shall try it.)

I will def miss my PSP for videos and for homebrew I will not have access to. I do not know much about the DS scene and I look forward to learning more and hopefully buying a White PSP when they come out or another black one if the right price comes along. I am not out of the PSP Scene for good just for now as I could not pass on Lunar and Castlevania. I wanted to have both but for now I know I will have games I want to play using the DS right now and I lok forward to new reviews and challenges.

I will miss the enjoyment of the PSP for now and still think of it as the nicest hand-held I have ever owned. But for now I want something that I Want to play and I am not Waiting to play.

I have been gone awhile so I am sure many new ppl are not familure with me but I look forward to seeing the progress on all the EMU's when I get my next unit in coming months. Unit then I will watch and see the wonderful things that come across this system and learn more about the DS side of the house.

Cross

wow... i traded my DS for my PSP...

i know the PSP has one screen twice the size of the DS top screen... and the DS has two screens (hence the DS=Dual Screen) but the comparison- the beautiful looking PSP screen VS the blurry pixelated DS screen...

*sigh* i must have my graphics...

but if starcraft comes out for DS i will get one... starcraft and zelda....

DCEmu Newbie

Default Smart idea... not

Genius, you gave the PSP 7 months to impress you with a myriad of great games? I hope you sold a PS2 right after launch, because it had crap for games for almost a whole year.

You wanna know how long the DS has been out? 11 months. It took the DS 11 months to get a true killer app (Castlevania). PSP's getting GTA tomorrow. You're an impatient fool, and I pity you.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Phange
    Genius, you gave the PSP 7 months to impress you with a myriad of great games? I hope you sold a PS2 right after launch, because it had crap for games for almost a whole year.

You wanna know how long the DS has been out? 11 months. It took the DS 11 months to get a true killer app (Castlevania). PSP's getting GTA tomorrow. You're an impatient fool, and I pity you.
    While I agree he is being a little impatient, it is somewhat harsh to call him a fool and it's highly unlikely he wants your pity. Not everyone has the same opinion but that doesn't make them fools. I confess if it wasn't for the superb homebrew on the PSP I would have come close to selling it on a few occasions and I have had mine since January.

However, there are some super games coming up and I for one am looking forward to them.

BTW - where did you get your information about GTA being released tomorrow or where you just making it up? I have heard nothing of this.

Look PHangle or whatever it is. I bought a DS when it came out went to the PSP and now I went back.
    I have done reviews on the PSP and enjoyed it, but **** you for thinking I want ur petty remarks.

This was to say hey I am on hold from my FAQ as I went back to my DS. I also said I will get a White PSP when they come out but for now the PSP was just not doing anything for me.

Sorry thats to much information for you. I Still have my PS2, XBOX Modded, Cube, Saturn but I wnt a portable system with games like RPG's (Notice that Lunar and Castlevania serve both of those? Racing gets boring and I beat Untold Legends when it came out. GTA never interested me except for its first release. Nor does Gran Turismo to much, racing is fun only for awhile.

(Also again above it said I was also returning for Mega Man Legends making its return on PSP even if only remakes.)

I don't care if you feel me impatient or not, I bought a 250.00 system and I wanted games to play now not later. I waited I felt bad for not really using it and I went to Lunar and Castlevania I like those and wanted to play them not to mention my old GBA Games.

So again since reading the RULES is not something you can do, NO THREAD CRAPPING! So go waste ur time else where.

hmmm...I agree with you 100% cross, the PSP has zero good commercial games. But the fact that I can play both SNES and Genisis games on it(two of my favorite gaming systems) and that combined that makes about 200+ amazing games I can play on my PSP, that makes it worth it to keep it for me. Also quake and doom are fun, I can't wait for quake II to be ported

The PSP is def an Awesome system, but I collect games and I love ones that keep me interested and going. Racing just was not doing it for me and Untold Legends was not big enough. I did very much enjoy it but NES and SNES on my PSP where what I was mainly doing.

When I saw Lunar and Castlevania I could not pass them up. I was going to buy Lunar either way and I just decided it was time to switch back since SNES is available on the DS as well.

Either way I loved my PSP and I will get a White or if they ever release the yellow one. But for now I want to play the games made for the system to and there was just nothing that grabbed my atten.

You know that there is a versian changer that tricks your psp in to thinking its version 2.x yet you still stay at 1.5 so you can run homebrew and play new games just so you know... and if you didn't don't worry you can still use the downgrader

I know thats the main reason I was willing to let my 1.50 go. (Esp since I want the White Version). So again when it comes out if there is no news of the yellow version coming out I will stick with it.

I dunno.
    I said goodbye to my Sega Nomad-Snes Super Wild card- Genesis system- Game Boy color. Snes system

When I got my PSP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information