Thread: What state is the DeSmuME for PSP at?

Default What state is the DeSmuME for PSP at?

There are comments that say it's a useless emulator as the PSP doesn't have a touch screen, but most DS games doesn't really use it very much, maybe just for a single press once in a while, and even with a game which has a little more usage of it, it can be simulated with the analog stick and one of the buttons most of the time without making it too difficult.

For example, the New Super Mario Brothers, only (as far as I saw) use it to press on a power up on the screen's corner to make it drop down and to switch worlds quickly.

So, as I asked at the title, at what state is it at the moment? Or that its development was stopped?
    Last edited by SpectrumDCE; August 1st, 2008 at 11:16.

I don't think they will work on it. It was just ported and nothing.

just a port on how the psp will react

Quote Originally Posted by acn010 View Post
    just a port on how the psp will react
    ? What does that mean??

To the author of the thread : It was ported by sofiacat and just abandoned. He didn't even add controls.

Someone then (I forget his name) added controls to it and released it again.

It does emulate games, albeit very slowly.

I wouldn't get your hopes up of playing 3D games such as "new super mario bros"

With a lot of work it could be possible to emulate most 2d ds games at near or full speed. 3D (at a playable speed) is probably out of the question.
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post

With a lot of work it could be possible to emulate most 2d ds games at near or full speed. 3D (at a playable speed) is probably out of the question.
    even for 2d game i don't think you get playable speed
    there is a smale chance if some 1 did write new emulator for most part in Assembly
    at most you get playable speed in few 2d games

it emulated everything you threw ds rom at it but yes, it was extremely slow like around 1 frame per sec, I tried it with popular games such as mario bros and yoshi island and such and such

there you go
    Last edited by acn010; August 1st, 2008 at 18:35.

New Super Mario Brothers doesn't have a lot of 3D at the most of it, and about the hardware emulation, I'm not sure what are the hardware differences between the DS and the PSP comparing for example the N64 to the PSP, but as far as I know, the DS is weaker the the N64, and the N64 is being emulated over the PSP at its current state with a decent playability, even though its not perfect it still works not too badly.

And the PS emulation, it's almost always at full speed, but except for that it was made by Sony so it would probably work much better than an external programmer would succeed to do, I think that they wrote somewhere that the hardware of the PS is relatively similar to the PSP's one, so it's emulation is less power demanding (but even though, the PSP is much stronger the PS, and so obviously even more than the N64 and the DS, it just needs to be known how to be done).

exactly, just is that people are plain lazy or not interested in coding it or they dont have time doing it

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by acn010 View Post
    exactly, just is that people are plain lazy or not interested in coding it or they dont have time doing it
    i would not mind to make 1 if psp had the power that is needed get ds at playable speeds which it dont have
    trust me on this i have bin coding for many years
    and maken emulators for a few years also even
    tru i have not bin active making emulators in years
    i still nou what i am taking about
    if you rely like to play ds games on handheld get a ds or a pandora which has the power needed for ds emulation

Thread Information