Thread: SNES-Station bootable without spending money?

Default SNES-Station bootable without spending money?

Hi, I've been trying to load SNES-Station for a while. I did everything in the tutorial that came with the download for making a CD version for non-modded PS2's. It simply wont launch. I tried using back up versions of Swap Magic, no luck. I even tried using CogSwapLoader (which apparently is free anyways), burned it on a CD, and my PS2 refuses to recognize it.

My question is, is there anything I can do to get SNES-Station to boot without spending money?

I do not own the slim PS2, I have the old big version.

Anyone?

Is this board even alive?

In order for any PS2 to boot emulators, you need to use a.) SwapMagic (which is $30), b.) modchip ($40-$70), c.) Independence Exploit (needs hard drive and also needs an extra hd add on for the slim), or d.) HDLoader ($50 + a HD Adapter and HD).

Anyway you put it, you need to spend money to do it.

Thanks for answering.

So there's no way I can put something on a CD or flash drive to make it boot? Bummer. Oh well, thanks anyway.

DCEmu Old Pro

What? You don't need a hard drive for the independence exploit - plus the independence exploit doesn't work on the slim.

The best way of getting started is to install the Free MCBoot - Information can be found on the PSX-SCENE forums. Unfortunately, you'll still need swap magic or an action replay (or any other methods of homebrew) to run the initial installer.

Cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhunter View Post
    What? You don't need a hard drive for the independence exploit - plus the independence exploit doesn't work on the slim.

The best way of getting started is to install the Free MCBoot - Information can be found on the PSX-SCENE forums. Unfortunately, you'll still need swap magic or an action replay (or any other methods of homebrew) to run the initial installer.

Cloudy
    Wait, so I don't need anything special for the independence exploit? I have a phat PS2 (non slim), a flash drive, and plenty of CD-RW's. Can I use it to boot SNES-Station in that case?

Well... You need a way to get the Independence Exploit onto your MemCard. If you don't have a friend who's already got a hacked PS2 or an AR Max, then you're out of luck.

DCEmu Newbie

I found this thread over at the 1emulation forums. I currently don't have any dvd-rs, so let me kow if you had any success.
    HTML Code:
    http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28441&pid=295593&st=0&#entry295593

Thread Information