Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GTA and other Game FORCED Firmware Upgrades

Cool

Very interested in seeing what comes of your experiments IndianCheese
    Is it possible for you to rent a new 2.0 UMD from someplace like Blockbuster (not sure where you live)
    I've been messing around with LOTR myself but I really don't know anything about what I'm doing, so I'm just shooting blindly. I removed the files in the sysdir update as that seems to be a standard. I removed/tested some of the intro movies. I also replaced the prx files in the kmodule and the module folders with ones from Fifa06 since that works on 1.5.
    Nothing I've done has had any effect at all, but I'm thinking LOTR might be hackable since it does seem to be trying to load. I think iball is correct though because it crashes just when it seems to be checking for a savefile.

nice work indian

Quote Originally Posted by Jdemon
    Very interested in seeing what comes of your experiments IndianCheese
    Is it possible for you to rent a new 2.0 UMD from someplace like Blockbuster (not sure where you live)
    OMG I never thought of that I am an idiot! Will do sometime very soon!
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Wow. I just did something unusual. I booted version 2.00 on my 1.50. Something is wrong with it though. It has the network icon, but no browser. It runs homebrew with the 2.00 game starting screen. And if you try to do anything other than play a homebrew game or run a UMD, it freezes. Now if only I had a 2.00 UMD or a big enough Memory Stick for a 2.00 ISO, I could test it!

And the weirdest part is that I can boot back to 1.50 in a few seconds.

Can someone tell me which UMD games (besides GTA and SOCOM) require the 2.00 update?

September 5th, 2005:

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese
    Wow. I just did something unusual. I booted version 2.00 on my 1.50. Something is wrong with it though. It has the network icon, but no browser. It runs homebrew with the 2.00 game starting screen. And if you try to do anything other than play a homebrew game or run a UMD, it freezes. Now if only I had a 2.00 UMD or a big enough Memory Stick for a 2.00 ISO, I could test it!

And the weirdest part is that I can boot back to 1.50 in a few seconds.

Can someone tell me which UMD games (besides GTA and SOCOM) require the 2.00 update?
    It's NEVER going to work since the programs that "emulate" the firmware do NOT have the ability to emulate it FULLY.
    Simple searching through other sites would have shown you that.

It is not emulating the firmware; it IS the firmware. I have booted it onto my system and can boot it off, too.

September 5th, 2005:

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese
    LOTR

Cool

And LOTR will fit fine on a 1mb also

I just read that LOTR is working (movies/update ripped) on 1.5 using UMDE 0.8c can anyone confirm/dispute this?

DCEmu Newbie

I write this just to give an idea that might work if people read it...
    allmost every one could downgrade to 1.50fw, but sony make games that people desier to fw 2.0,firmware that can't run fastloader(or as i read ppl can't access to kernel mode).. well the idea is downgrade to 1.50fw and then crack the upgrade for 2.0fw in a way that people could run 2.0umd and 1.5homebrew...and even if sony keep lunching new fw..some one should crack it before instaling it.... :P

DCEmu Newbie

So chaps, I have read long and hard this thread and a number of others on here and I still can't decipher whether or not a way has been paved to play GTA and other 2.0 specific games on a 1.5 operatng system, whilst still keeping your PSP Homebrew happy.

I am a million miles from truly understanding all this buisness, so if someone could put it in simple parlance for me I would be greateful.

Kind regards

BB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information