Thread: GTA: Chinatown Wars details leak?

NDS GTA: Chinatown Wars details leak?

via Computer and Video Games

A consumer survey might have given away the first details on Rockstar's DS Grand Theft Auto game, Chinatown Wars.

The survey asked a number of specific questions about an "upcoming game," with the details sounding all-too familiar.

The details were originally posted on UGO, but the site has since removed them. You can't beat the internet that easily though. Destructoid reprinted it all. Wired's got a pretty good recap of events leading to the story being taken down too.

If the information is to be believed, the game will have an open world, changing weather and traffic patterns, a mature story line, wi-fi multiplayer, 70+ missions, 20+ hours of gameplay and stylus based mini-games. Impressive.

Obviously, this is all filed under rumour and speculation for now and nothing's been confirmed on the game by Rockstar at all. You'll have to wait and see, we're afraid.

It sounds good, as I expected. I hope the graphics will be decent.

DCEmu Newbie

I like the sound of it, but man, I am so ****ing sick of touch screen minigames.

DCEmu Pro

i hope they use a very good graphics engine that beats all others. i want this game to be at the peak of the nintendo ds's graphics capabilities. i also want minimal touch screen controls.

touch screen controls for weapons ONLY. and do it properly - mech assault's touch screen controls were a waste of removing the stylus from the holder.

I think touchscreen would do fine for control like Metroid Prime Hunters. It could be in the Third, but you use the touchscreen to control the camera around the character and chose your facing, while you use the D-pad to strafe and move back and forward.

Wi-Fi support? That would be AWESOME.
    Can't wait for this game to come out!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by masterchief929 View Post
    i hope they use a very good graphics engine that beats all others. i want this game to be at the peak of the nintendo ds's graphics capabilities. i also want minimal touch screen controls.
    Have you seen any videos or played Dementium? How about the upcoming Moon? If not, I suggest you check them out.

Thread Information