Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Xtender Teach You How To Make PSPOnTV

im thinking also it may cheapen the psp experience as the games werent meant to be played on such big screens and the image qaulity lookin pre ps1

this is a joke guys, make one yourself

i love my logitech case so im not buying either one im getting a xbox 360 here in 3 weeks so my money is for that bad ass system hd 720p 16x9 for all games cant wait

but they wouldnt look as godd D.I.Y.

DCEmu Legend

First off, I'd never buy that cheap pyramid $#@!. Forget the price, yes that dictates alot, but $#@!, you all bought PSPs when there was a DS for maybe 150 to 200 dollars cheaper, so obviously price was of no concern then(quality and usefulness was among other things).

The PSPonTV not only makes the PSP harder to use, since it will add considerable weight to, but as they said, it will get in the way of your thumbs using the D-pad and analog stick.

Not only that, but it WILL pick up every scratch, ever speck of dirt, every bubble left between the screen protector and the screen. Not to mention, it will pick up and probably amplify, ghosting, which is that blurr that you see on the LCD screen on moving objects. Try playing GTA:LCS for a while. After a few minutes of running and punching people, it gets bloody annoying.

Now the PSP2TV. Sure it requires modding. Voiding the warranty would suck if your PSP broke afterwards. But with careful disassembly and reassembly, Sony would never know the difference. Bricking the PSP from taking it apart? Well thats only if you touch the motherboard like an idiot, or turn it on and decide to drop a few screws on the motherboard to see them shoot across the room...

But what do you gain from all this hard and careful work? Being able to play your PSP on ANY TV for starters. Wanna play it on 56 inch plasma television that only supports S-Video? Do it! Tired of cramped hands from not having an ergonomically designed PSP? Plug in a PS2 controller, which has the time proven comfort.(or plug in any PS2 controller that suits your fancy, perhaps that expensive one, with the nice soft rubber grips and larger analog sticks for better handling?). Oh and did I mention the complete loss of 'ghosting' as prevalent on the PSP's LCD screen, since it is actually TAKING THE IMAGE as its sent to the screen and not taking it OFF the screen?

Nothing like a crisp, clear, dust free, scratch free, ghost free image on a big screen TV and a PS2 controller in hand for playing Coded Arms.

Granted the price is a little high. But its worth it. Had these other products not even come out, I bet most of the people complaining about the price wouldn't be complaining at all. It is like going into a Mercedes dealership and being pissed off that you can't buy their cars for the price of Kia. You pay for what you get. Want the best quality? Well you gotta pay for it. Like I said above, its rather odd that the same reasons why you all bought the PSP over the DS is now the inverse as to why you'd buy some cheap knockoff as opposed to the 'real deal'.

if the crappy pyrimid ones go down to 20$ i might pick one up... if the psp2tv drops to 50 or 60 ill definately buy one... until then......... i wont be ripped....

(my pc to tv was 6$ ok, and it had rca AND s-video out... even with the ffaceplated i dont think it would cost too much more to manufacture....)

DCEmu Legend

Yeah but the difference between the PC and PSP is 20 years and about 2 ft tall as opposed to been out for just shy of a year and fits in the palm of your hand.

Yes I agree that 120 dollars is a little steep. But this fake competition will just solidify their reasons for making it more expensive. Quite simply, the competition will just divide the masses into 2 groups: those willing to pay for the best quality and those unwilling to pay for the best quality.

I dont care, I'm just gonna sit back like I always do and pay when the price drops

or just keep it as a PORTABLE gaming machine?

lol, if more people could enjoy what you're doing on the go it would be nice. I know me and prettymuch anyone else here who uses the psp for movies would like to be able to display it for a group of people on a bigger screen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information