Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Grand Theft Auto Title Coming Soon ?

Blog Entries

Default Another Grand Theft Auto Title Coming Soon ?

Heres a curious statement:

Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2005 guidance to reflect several factors, including the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for the PSP(TM) handheld entertainment system in certain European territories from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2005 to the first quarter of fiscal 2006, due to unexpected delays in final product testing and submission. Shipments of the title have been made to the UK in the fourth quarter, with the title expected to ship in the remaining European territories in late November."

"For Fiscal 2006, we are well positioned for the opportunities to extend our brands across the large installed base of current generation platforms, as well as next generation hardware including the two previously announced Rockstar Games titles for the PSP, one of which is a new Grand Theft Auto title."
    -- Paul Eibeler, President & CEO, Take Two Interactive

SO there you go, a new GTA Title for next year.

DCEmu Newbie

sweet. i love liberty city and all but a new city would be great. rockstar know what makes a good city i'm sure they'll pull off one hell of a game for the next GTA, especially now they've nailed multiplayer on the head...

gta is going next gen, the consoles will just follow and support it

...there's other games??

The way I read it, it said more to me about FISCAL year 2006, which has just begun.
    Rockstar is telling you that they have TWO titles for FISCAL year 2006, one of which is the ALREADY RELEASED Grand Theft Auto game. That means there is one more Rockstar game they will release, but it's NOT another GTA.
    FISCAL years, not CALENDAR years. Federal government FISCAL year starts October 1st.
    Don't know WHEN R*'s FISCAL year starts, but it probably follows the Wall Street trend which follows the U.S. government. But every corporation is different.
    In other words, there IS no new GTA game that is going to be released for the PSP next year. If you think about it, it makes sense. They want GTA1 to sell throughout an entire fiscal year whilst they develop a NEW GTA for whatever platform.

"A fiscal year or financial year is a 12-month period used for calculating annual ("yearly") financial reports in businesses and other organizations. In many jurisdictions, regulatory laws regarding accounting require such reports once per twelve months, but do not require that the twelve months consitute a calendar year (i.e. January to December). However, a new company or business has to decide at the beginning on which month their fiscal year will start, and then (generally) stay with it. "
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year

you just crushed my next dreamy post (1 simple word INFRASTRUCTURE) damn it

DCEmu Newbie

iball, it says, in quotes, 'a new grand theft auto' and 'psp platform'

I think it's pretty obvious when the fiscal year is, as info is always relased around this time.

we're not all 12 on here...

DCEmu Regular

I think iBall is on the Ball there, it does sound like the "new" GTA title they are talking about is the one we've already got.

(Well, some of us have got... I ain't upgrading to 2.0! I'd rather buy a 2nd PSP then put my lovely Homebrew at risk with questionable upgrading/downgrading pratices)

"...as well as next generation hardware including the two previously announced Rockstar Games titles for the PSP, one of which is a new Grand Theft Auto title."
    Not "going to be" but "is". Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories IS a "new Grand Theft Auto title."
    It says it has PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED two titles. One of which is a new Grand Theft Auto title. In other words, if they were to release a NEW GTA in CALENDAR YEAR 2006, we would have already heard about it by now. What they are referring to is the JUST RELEASED GTA. Since this is a company statement on their finances, they are using the words "Grand Theft Auto" because investors KNOW those are hot-selling titles that generate massive revenues for Take Two. Take Two WANTS them to know that to generate an increase in their stock price and quarterly earnings.
    99.9% of all investors are usually NOT gamers, but they DO read the news. They KNOW GTA is a hot-selling item, and those with children who play video games at home KNOW what Grand Theft Auto is by now.

DCEmu Newbie

including the two previously announced Rockstar Games
    Is that Midnight Club? or sumfing else

Probably.

DCEmu Regular

So far, I don't see anybody saying, "No iBall, you are completely wrong! There will be a new GTA this summer for the PSP!". There's no need to defend yourself against an argument that doesn't exist, especially in BOLD LETTERS and ITALICS.

Clearly Wraggster just got a little over excited at the prospect of even more GTA fun. You can't blame him, it is a tasty prospect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information