Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront 2 - PSP (US)

im in the uk i think its out today im gonna go to game in the nxt couple of hours can anyone def say if this requires 2.00 or a tricker will work?

thanx for the encouraging news, PSP_Newbie, can anyone from the US who has this verify that it works with the w@b versi0n changer?

Im starting to lean towards upgrading with all these great new titles
    ::jaws drop:: yes i know, i know, how could i upgrade? I'd MUCH rather not upgrade because i love my retro and the emus let me play those, as well as the hb stuff is so cool, but Im getting bored of the PSP commercial games I have, and the new ones on the shelf are calling..

if i had the loot i'd rather buy a new psp but if i did that i wouldnt be able to afford any games

I'd rather find a way to do it all on one console..i have faith in these guys i know they can do it, i just dont know if i can wait, i can see myself caving in and upgrading to play new games like this starwars lolol

why does $0ny have to be so messed up and not allow hb? they are only killing their following? its the age old question, ::: sigh :::

anyway, if anyone knows if this game works with the versi0n changer on a US console, and/or if anyone has a list of all the games that are currently playable with a 1.5 console using the versi0n changer, id really appreciate it

cheers!

DCEmu Newbie

- Version changer (WAB) does NOT work.
    - You don't need a list. All the games released before 1 november are playable with the WAB version changer. All the games after 1 november (as GTA, Star Wars, PES 5 if it comes...etc)aren't playable with the version changer.

Cool

The game is quite cool, and works with Fastloader 0.7 on my 1.5

More here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...3&page=2&pp=10

Oh and I'm in the US but I don't think that makes a difference. If it runs with 1.5 here that should mean it doesn't fall in the same category as GTA, from what I understand.

I can confirm that this game works with WAB version changer

and dont listen to pspfr33k, both things said are not true
    gta and possibly another game are exceptions to having it work with wab version changer, but then i wouldnt be surprised if sooner or later all games will be made like gta, as it seems to at least stop the piracy, which is most important to them

thanks for the info, PSP_Newbie. all i needed to know. i was getting so bored of the old titles, now I can go buy a new game and not have to upgrade, cheers

p.s. what's fastloader? do i need that to make it work too, or does the versi0n changer cover it? i dont wanna go spend all that cash for the game and then find out I still dont have the right components..

Actually I think GTA was programmed a little more "into the metal" of the firmware than most games are, and relies HEAVILY on things residing in the 2.0 firmware that are not present on 1.5. As well as encryption. And nope, it's not the codecs either.

er... well whatever this game ROCKS

Quote Originally Posted by vincesecuricor2005
    er... well whatever this game ROCKS
    does that mean you bought it? did u like the gameplay? give us a review i still havent gone out to buy it yet, but im gonna go later

DCEmu Newbie

I had to upgrade to 2.00 because my version changer didn't work, but i feel its every bit worth it. In my opinion, this is the only game i will be using on my psp for quite a while, and even if i do get bored of it, i can still downgrade to play my roms again. I figure that by that time, someone will have come up with some way to play emu/hb on v2.00. At least im hoping

For those of you who want a review, here is my opinion of the game. It absolutely rocks. If you like battlefront 1 or 2 for the ps2, you will love this. Its every bit as good as ps2 version in my opinion. The controls are a little hard to get used to at first (sony should have made two analogs!!), but its awesome once you do. the space battling is phenominal, its hard to believe this game is a handheld. The jedi battling is awesome. I loved every aspect of this game. My only wish is that they had made infrastructure

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information