Thread: Shenmue Online/passport - Help Required!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Shenmue Online/passport - Help Required!

Ello there boys and girls.. I've been away on a journey of a lifetime for 2+ years.. when i left, dreamcast was the top dog, and was absolutely awesome as i remember it.

Now, i am back and i've noticed.. What the hell? DREAMCAST IS GONE! those commie bastards! Anyway, my favourite game was Shenmue, i remember playing on Shenmue passport and i LOVED it, i have to my reccolection, played it through about 6 times or more, and now i have forgotten some of it, i've got the high tide to play it again, nice and freshly ;-).

Now, i loved shenmue passport, and i know some people may know, but i'm sure it would be possible to get the packets that are sent from the client (dc user) and then work the responses into some form of make-shift shenmue-online server.

All that is really needed is some other people who remember what was on it, and what was edited and what wasnt, what was client side and what wasnt. I'm pretty sure it would be easy enough .. The webpages could just be whacked to a PHP site which you host on your local HTTPd or whatever.

I also noticed that a guy has done similar with PSO for dreamcast.. Bravo! So, anyway, the summary is;

* Find packets that come from Shenmue Passport CD/client + their capabilities.
    * Find information on how the server worked, what was on it

Anyway, hope to get people to help, i loved dreamcast like one of my kids :-P Such a damn shame :-(

DCEmu Coder

Looks like some HUGE work to me.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm already getting packets :-)

good luck for you !

i would liek to get online with shenmue, i have like a bunch of winning caps

Thread Information