Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 3 Beats Out GTA IV, Portal, Wii Fit For Edge Innovation Award

Blog Entries

General games Halo 3 Beats Out GTA IV, Portal, Wii Fit For Edge Innovation Award

UK outlet Edge has declared that Bungie's mega-blockbuster Halo 3 "does most to further the creative culture of gaming" by awarding it the Edge Award for Interactive Innovation at the Edinburgh Interactive Festival today. The Xbox 360 game beat out Grand Theft Auto IV, Portal, Rock Band, Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Fit to secure the honor, with Edge writing that it's "the integration and coherence of Halo 3’s online content that makes the game stand apart."

"Space marines? Again?! Innovative?!?" you may be thinking. Edge obviously responds "Yes!" declaring that the sci-fi first person shooter demonstrates an "unparalleled understanding of the potential for console online play." Should you need further justification to help calm your nerves, Edge has 'em. Whether you'll agree... well, that's up to you.

http://kotaku.com/5035638/halo-3-bea...novation-award

Edge lost it a long time ago, Halo 3 is dull and not a patch on Halo 1.

So they gave the award to Forge?

I gotta admit that I absolutely love Halo 3 online. But innovation?! :rofl:
    It's just a finely tooled Halo 2! MGS4 felt like a choice for me. Or perhaps Mario Galaxy?

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    "Space marines? Again?! Innovative?!?" you may be thinking. Edge obviously responds "Yes!" declaring that the sci-fi first person shooter demonstrates an "unparalleled understanding of the potential for console online play." Should you need further justification to help calm your nerves, Edge has 'em. Whether you'll agree... well, that's up to you.
    If somebody wants to call space marines innovative then watch some GTAIV TV. Republican Space Rangers FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by locdogg on SA forums
    I took a sociology class once that said there are gangs of Depeche Mode fans in Russia. Think about that. A gang who's identity is built on liking Depeche Mode.

woo how does triquel of a same style game further creative culture of gaming. Shouldn't something liek rock band or the wii fit board or something further it more then a game thats a third remake?

Hey, halo 3 was a good game, I hate it when people rip on it just because its a "updated halo 2". Sure it might be that but its still a fun game. I think a lot of people started hating the game because others were hating it. But still, its the number one played game on xbox live again, throwing Call of Duty 4 off its throne.

Either way, its a good game imo but others that whine and complain about it....dont play it... plain and simple.

DCEmu Newbie

^^ Great game or not... do you honestly think it should be considered innovative far and above some of the others? There are a lot of great games out there.

Blog Entries

The only innovative game on that list was Portal.. Halo 3 and GTA IV are just sequels that are pretty just updates of old games and Wii Fit isnt even a game.

DCEmu Legend

I think the innovation takes everything into account. The amount of things you can do with the game in relation to XBOX Live. Really, no other console game has such a great party and matchmaking system and utilizes the the Internet as well.

I don't even like the XBOX 360 that much as I've turned into a PS3 guy, but I can't stop playing Halo 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information