Thread: Wii: EA Celebrity Sports game revealed

Rev Wii: EA Celebrity Sports game revealed

via Computer and Video Games

Wii has no shortage of sports-themed mini-games to poke fun at, but that hasn't stopped EA from taking another punt at Wii Sports' crown with a mew mini-game romp.

It's called Celebrity Sports Showdown and people you may have heard of like singers Fergie and Avril Lavigne and athletes Paul Pierce and Mia Hamm go up against each other in 12 outdoor events.

The celebs have been modelled in EA's new big head cartoon art style it invented to appeal to the Wii fan base. But saying that it actually doesn't look too bad. See the first shots below.

The game's set to hit Wii this winter.

Screenshots

NO!!!! You bastards! You evil, heartless, EA bastards! Not the worst looking game I've seen though. Would still like a paintball game very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by locdogg on SA forums
    I took a sociology class once that said there are gangs of Depeche Mode fans in Russia. Think about that. A gang who's identity is built on liking Depeche Mode.

Might be fun, but Super-deformed versions of celebrities I care nothing about doesn't interest me at all. I guess I am out of touch with pop culture icons and sports stars. I am sure it will sell well though.

Having "celebrity" in the title automatically makes this game suck already. I just don't like celebrities...

Thread Information