Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: libdi and the DVDX installer. - Mplayer Version Released what Reads off DVDs

Blog Entries

Rev libdi and the DVDX installer. - Mplayer Version Released what Reads off DVDs

Some fantastic news from Erant

As you all know, I’ve been working on libdi (or the DVD Access library) for a while now. We had some problems getting it out to release because of the difficulties we encountered while writing the second part of this topic. The DVDX installer instead will install a small, hidden, channel on your Wii that allows you to read DVDs on an unmodified system. It is not an installer for a patched IOS. You may however need one, depending on your system.

Usage of this package is fairly simple. Run the installer.dol found in the package, follow the onscreen instructions, and you’re done.

Once you’ve done that, you can enjoy the splendor of mplayer. That what started out as a simple proof of concept has rapidly turned into a full-featured media player, under the nourishing hands of dhewg. The main aim of the mplayer project was to get DVDVideo going, but it also supports reading video files off the SD card. (Experimental).

A patch for Wii64, the N64 emulator for the Wii, will also be available shortly. This patch will allow you to read games off a DVD.

Download These via Comments

mplayer
    libdi

If you have a modchip, you also need patchmii, in addition to the DVDX stub installer.
    patchmii_core

Note that libdi is meant for developers, as it is embedded into applications that use it. End-users only need to grab it to run installer.dol once.

Please note that DVD+R (as opposed to DVD-R) discs will need to have their BookType set to DVD-ROM to work properly in Normal mode (if you have no modchip). PatchMii mode does not have this requirement, but requires a modchip.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

So far this only supports playing DVD Movies. It's not for reading video files off of a burnt DVD.

Am I being n00b? I cant get the DVDX installer to show up in the Homebrew channel, no matter where I put it on the SD card, what am I doing wrong?

Mike..

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by mikebeaver View Post
    Am I being n00b? I cant get the DVDX installer to show up in the Homebrew channel, no matter where I put it on the SD card, what am I doing wrong?

Mike..
    To run it through the homebrew channel, create a folder like dvdx or something under /apps, and then you need to add the meta.xml and banner images. You can just copy them from a different app, edit the XML file to say DVDX installer and then install that way.

DCEmu Newbie

You dont need a metal.xml or a image anymore. Just put it in a folder you will be able to recognize. It will show up at the end of the HB channel menu saying "no description" and its name will be like "/apps/DVDX/boot.dol" I dont mess with making the meta.xml or banner image anymore.

DCEmu Regular

I've been waiting for this since homebrew started. This is awesome. And it'll be awesome when he gets it to load Wii64 games.

Default Wiiload

Just use wiiload, it comes bundled with the HBC apps package and is great for rare/onetime use apps or testing out new dol/elf's. No need to copy anything.

Default shananigins

yea but soon people are going to find a way to use so called back ups with a method like this

DCEmu Regular

For everyone having problems with the di app not showing up in the hbc, you have to re-name the .dol file to boot.dol instead of installer.dol. The hbc scans for all files with the name boot.dol when it boots up. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by watupgroupie View Post
    For everyone having problems with the di app not showing up in the hbc, you have to re-name the .dol file to boot.dol instead of installer.dol. The hbc scans for all files with the name boot.dol when it boots up. Hope that helps.
    lol i was just about to say that

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information