Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP News & Lik Sang Competition Entrants

Blog Entries

Thumbs up PSP News & Lik Sang Competition Entrants

The PSP NEWS & Lik Sang 30 Day Coding Comp are now here for you to see, heres a rundown of those entries and the persons involved:

The Entrants

William Edmeades - Loki (#1)

This is not a complete game but rather an insight to making this game and a demo of the game itself. I do not expect to win anything as it is not finished or tuned to perfection as it still has problems which can be easily solved and changed. I do not have the time at this moment to complete this project but if people find it interesting and want it completed, I will try my hardest to complete this project.

Do anything you want with this release, if you dont like it, Kill it. I will try to release a good LUA game with plenty of comments in the near future as long as everything that i plan goes well.

Stéphane Lévesque - Ikuzo (#2)

This game work on firmware 2.0, & 1.5

Deniska / NOIZ2SAv07 (#3)

NEW IN V0.7:

- tate mode: lot's of people requested this feature...More room for action & better scaling. looks and controls much like "Star Soldier"
    Note: I desided to create a separate tate-mode version, since it's using different sized graphics. If you like the horizontal mode, stick to v0.6 for now.

- !!!!nicer graphics: customizable backgrounds, wireframe mode, semi-transparent shapes.
    - new blue color scheme. If you like the original graphics, ovewrite the files in images directory with the stuff from images_classic.
    You can still create your own color schemes/backgrounds/hud. Just edit the files in images directory.
    - 50% new soundtracks..
    - Menu graphics logic adjustments.
    - Numerous optimizations and bug fixes.
    - src code included..

Mike Haggar - PSPicross 0.2(#4)

Picross (a.k.a. nonogram, pic-a-pix, griddler, etc.) game for the PSP. Made in LUA for PSP.

Xul8t0r / Submission (#5)

Press X to start the game. Use the analog controller to move the pointer, and use X to fire a missile. You can only have one missile in the water at the time. Look at the small square in the down-left corner to see when you can shoot. Green means that you can shoot, while red means that you cannot. Try hitting the bigger boats for most points. You have 20 missiles, and there's 30 boats to hit. If you run out of missiles, or there's no boats left, then the game is over. You can press start at any time to quit the game.

PSmonkey / Quake 3 Bsp Map Viewer (#6)

This is a simple app writen over the past 2 days that lets you view a
    quake 3 bsp map file on the psp. This is early alpha build!!

l33th4x0r / Connect 4 (#7)

2 player connect4

The downloads and screenshots can be found here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp30codingcomp.shtml

PSP Coder

! GO BSP VIEWER !
    Also picture is old. lacks lightmap that gives the enviroment more detail. :P

What is this crap? Is this everything? I waited how long for this and there aren't any new apps that are useful?!? LAME WRAGGSTER LAME! Where are the 2.0 hacks like a really good 2.0 eboot loader that supports kernal based emus or something that would actually show some progress I don't care about a lame ass connect 4 game! I could go the salvation army and by the freaking real boardgame for $0.25! This is such a let down just like the build up to this thing was. I sincerely hope that you are saving the best for last.

I'm quite dissapointed at the results of the contest as well, as I was expecting something more revolutionary or a new high speed emulator as well, but I'm going to just leave it at that. No use in ranting on and on, since complaining won't change what was entered. Just gotta hope the next contest brings in more participants and entries.

PSP Coder

what did you guys exspect for the prizes given?

I actualy did not know about this contest till monday, so why my entry is a little empty since it's just what i had to date over a 2 day period. If I had a week it would be more on par with my pc quake 3 map loader which does some really nice stuff.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Need better prizes!

Well the prizes are not that great. Would you put your heart an soul in to something just to win a logitech sound addon. Myself hell no, but what if someone was to give the 3 best winners each 1 of the 100 new modchips for psp that are going on sale on ebay nov 22nd was it??? At least they would be getting something to progress there possibilities for new apps in the future. Everyone would benefit from this. For the people burning the applicants, where are your admissions? Oh right you didn't enter becuase you people don't even know how to code! Good job people it's a start the more coders the better the scene will be. Hopefully there will be more psp coders soon.

Well I appologize if it seemed like I was putting anyone down/burning anyone.

Maybe I was a little harsh... and I didn't mean anything personally to any of the coders because, yeah I'll admit it, I can't code for $#@! I was just expecting more and honestly I didn't really consider the prizes I would asume that a major breakthrough would be prize enough I just assumed anyone that had one would submit it to score some extra loot amongst the praise. On the subject of the mod chips word is it's a scam for one mod chips go against ebay policy and there are a million other reasons why it appears fake so... food for thought.

well this kind of contests are always a small disappointment,but only because you end up expecting too much.

I know I'm used to gp32 contests and those are always a huge deal for people.I think it's a start,maybe there could be more contests with bigger prizes,consider this a first step for the community I guess,nic job anyway!

no emus.........oh well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information