Thread: Garbled text and such...

DCEmu Newbie

Default Garbled text and such...

I figure I'd get a faster response if I started a new thread. So I am a former 1.5 user that upgraded when the downgrader was released because I got bored of the homebrew and wanted to try all the juicy new features. I followed the downgrade guide to the word. When I got to the point of going into the photo menu to launch the version changer, it displays grabled text, and has been stuck on it for about 25 mins now. I'd thought I'd risk powering down, but it wont do that either. Any suggestions?

if you search for a downgrading guide, you'll see that after the garbled text is displayed, you have to wait some < 30 seconds and then do a hard reboot.
    after that the psp is tricked to 1.0, so you can use a 1.5 upgrade file to effectively downgrade

edit-didnt see that last part, you have to hold down the power switch for some 10-15 secs

DCEmu Newbie

YES! I thought it had said that it would power off by itself, then you had to wait 10-15 secs! Jeese I thought I had made myself a $300 paperweight.

Thanks man

Thread Information