Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3Filer v0.03 Released - First (NES) Emulator for PS3 via BD-J Format

Blog Entries

ps3 PS3Filer v0.03 Released - First (NES) Emulator for PS3 via BD-J Format

ԁ[ɂ a japanese coder has released the first emulator for the PS3 USing the BD-J format. This app also displays PNG. jpeg and gif files. Best of all it plays Nes games , The Nes game has to be named rom.nes

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Nice! Controls are a little wonky, and i had no sound but it shows progress A+!
    Last edited by MastricX; August 20th, 2008 at 03:58.

AWSOME! no sound but thsi is totally sick!!!!! omg omg!

thank you! !!! woooooooox1000

i can't wait to see more of this one and the hdd thing if psone & ps2 games that are not of usa region runs

DCEmu Newbie

Hi guys,

I need some help with this emulator. Which folder should I put the rom in and should I copy the whole folder to ps3? I need advice, thanks

DCEmu Newbie

You can have other roms with other names (ie. SMB1.nes, Zelda.nes, Metroid.nes, etc), and they will be listed and launched from the PS3 filer. Just copy the AVCHD to the root of your USB Flash Drive, copy the roms in the AVCHD folder.

Use Triangle + 1=Select, 2=Start, Red = return to PS3 filer. X = A, Square = B, use dpad or left analog for direction.

The games have no sound, but hey all games I have tested are playable at full speed.

Now I wish the programmer improves the emulator and add sound, and I hope this inspire others to create GB/GBC, GG/SMS and Sega Genesis emulators... who knows if SNES or PSX could be possible too.
    Last edited by avtools; August 20th, 2008 at 15:18.

PS1 and possibly XBOX (Not 360) is definitely possibly. The PS3 is EXTREMELY powerful (the most powerful system out currently) and it can definitely emulate up to XBOX. The fact of the matter is, we just need to work REALLY HARD and be really patient....as I have been. In the meantime, my modded Wi, Xbox, Dreamcast, and psp do it for me now. :-)

I have a feeling that in time the PS3 will be the best system to hack and fool around with

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by YourStillWithMe View Post
    PS1 and possibly XBOX (Not 360) is definitely possibly. The PS3 is EXTREMELY powerful (the most powerful system out currently) and it can definitely emulate up to XBOX. The fact of the matter is, we just need to work REALLY HARD and be really patient....as I have been. In the meantime, my modded Wi, Xbox, Dreamcast, and psp do it for me now. :-)

I have a feeling that in time the PS3 will be the best system to hack and fool around with
    It can be the most powerful console out there (btw, I still have to see something which clearly puts PS3 over the 360, power-wise), but BD-J is just Java and it was created for BD menus, so it won't probably go farther than SNES (and I even have serious doubts on that) as it won't probably access much of the PS3 hardware :P

Until PS3 gets REAL homebrew, which has yet to happen, no XBOX emulators :P

Wow, no credit for letting everyone know this, thanks a lot . btw, it doesnt have to be named rom.nes.

Wait, so this is without Linux?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information