Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP Firmware v2.5 Exploit

Blog Entries

Question PSP Firmware v2.5 Exploit

PSP3d.com have posted some great news with videos of a new exploit for the Firmware V2.5 PSPs, heres the info they posted:

"Incuded are 2 movies 1 shows my software as 2.5. And the other shows My psp view the included EBOOT and lock up because the EBOOT contains the overflow.tif from the MPH downgrader. After it locked up I cut the power and rebooted. My psp worked fine after I rebooted it. No downgrade yet from this. but the EBOOT included bypasses the TIF patch because the psp TIF patch does not affect the EBOOT handler"

Interesting news, download the videos from the link above and let us know what you think ?

Remember the site above is the official source and not other sites who dont like linking to release sites.

Good news, but I still have a 1.50 and not upgrading for anything.

i dont understand... if they upgraded the tif lib so that the exploit couldnt work... how could the tif exploit work? or mabey sony is just stupid and they didnt do that...

DCEmu Rookie

band width exceeded. dont suppose anyone has a cached version or can give anyone who hasnt seen it the general gist. or upload the videos?

So...what's being said here is the TIF exlpoit can still be used through an eboot?

DCEmu Rookie

but the eboot needs the tif, but the tif needs the eboot, but.... *head explodes*

LOL! The boss of Sony won't be happy!

what... exactly does this mean? lol will a bit of tweaking to the tif and/or EBOOTloader for 2.0 mean homebrew can be run on 2.5? mmm... what really needs to be done is to find out how to run all unsigned code on a 2.0/5 PSP. wish I could program and help out in anyway.

I'm so confuse right now, don't know what to do........ when i put fw 2.5 in the update folder, and then i open it, it stuck , it doesn't go anywhere...... please help me out.....

why is it anyway that we don't have acess to kernel-mode? what's stopping us from using it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information