Thread: 2.5 go, or no go?

DCEmu Newbie

Default 2.5 go, or no go?

I keep hearing more and more about how 2.5 will be hackable, although I am somewhat skeptical, I am eager to have wifi internet capablilities on my PSP and all the other benefits of a 2.5. I am also aware that Sony, once it finds out that the PSP 2.5 firmware is hackable, will create a newer firmware that will be harder to crack than ever. So here is my problem: Would it be safe to upgrade now? Will 2.5 be homebrew enabled?

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvong
    I keep hearing more and more about how 2.5 will be hackable, although I am somewhat skeptical, I am eager to have wifi internet capablilities on my PSP and all the other benefits of a 2.5. I am also aware that Sony, once it finds out that the PSP 2.5 firmware is hackable, will create a newer firmware that will be harder to crack than ever. So here is my problem: Would it be safe to upgrade now? Will 2.5 be homebrew enabled?
    Don't upgrade to 2.5. Upgrading to 2.0 is fine, and then you can run most homebrew plus have access to the built-in wifi web browser.

There's nothing really to recommend v2.5, unless you happen to have a LocationFree server in your home.
    Using firmware v2.00-v2.80? Open up a whole world of homebrew here
    The PSP Homebrew Database needs YOU!
    Don't let your ISP get away with illegal wiretaps. Stop Phorm Now!

Thread Information