Thread: Get A Good Look At The New PSP-3000

psp Get A Good Look At The New PSP-3000

via Kotaku

Announced yesterday, the PSP-3000 will be the third major iteration of Sony's PlayStation Portable line. So let's take a good look at it! Below are galleries showing the two colours that'll be available in North America: Piano Black and Mystic Silver. As you can see in the pic above, there's a third colour - Pearl White - but that one's only for Europe and Japan. For now, anyways.

See more pictures here:
    PSP-3000 Black
    PSP-3000 Silver
    Last edited by Eviltaco64; August 21st, 2008 at 16:07.

It looks soooo sexy.
    But If you already have a PSP 2000 there isn't much reason to get the 3000.

If you're still using a PSP 1000 and wanted to buy a 2000 but haven't yet, then the 3000 is probably for you.

Hopefully dark alex will get one of these and hack it soon, maybe even better than the PSP 2000 is hacked.

It does look nice.
    I'd probably get one if it got hacked.

I think i gotta check out its specs

DCEmu Legend

I sooooooo want one. Probably the Mystic Silver Ratchet & Clank bundle pack. And guys, guess what. Besides the addition of a built in mic and a different "HOME" button here is information about a new LCD:

SCEA officially describes the PSP 3000's new LCD screen as having "a wider color gamut and higher contrast ratio to deliver deeper, more vibrant colors, as well as anti-reflection technology so you can see the screen more clearly when playing outdoors."

I know I'm going to get one ASAP just to have an early version in case it can be hacked. I will also be and encourage others to donate to Dark_AleX and others so they see the enthusiasm and demand for CFW on the new PSP's.

Default seems like a waste

Don't really see the point of this handheld. Nothin really new to it except more barriers to stop homebrew and pirates. Seems to me like a waste by sony. such small suttle extras in it that it seems pointless for anyone to get this handheld. If anything, this might push the older psp sales as they will drop in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    I sooooooo want one. Probably the Mystic Silver Ratchet & Clank bundle pack. And guys, guess what. Besides the addition of a built in mic and a different "HOME" button here is information about a new LCD:

SCEA officially describes the PSP 3000's new LCD screen as having "a wider color gamut and higher contrast ratio to deliver deeper, more vibrant colors, as well as anti-reflection technology so you can see the screen more clearly when playing outdoors."

I know I'm going to get one ASAP just to have an early version in case it can be hacked. I will also be and encourage others to donate to Dark_AleX and others so they see the enthusiasm and demand for CFW on the new PSP's.
    Hopefully they will fix that stupid ghosting effect. Maybe that's expected for the PSP 7000 though, along with a 2nd analog nub, better video support and a few other things that consumers actually want.

Thread Information