Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid Coming to PSP

Blog Entries

Default Metal Gear Solid Coming to PSP

Source - Joystiq

According to French gaming site, jeux-france.com, Hideo Kojima has confirmed (via his blog) the development of a new Metal Gear title for the Sony PSP. To be clear, this is not another Acid sequel. Apparently, Kojima got together with Shinta Nojiri (Metal Gear Acid 2), Noriaki Okamura (Zone of the Enders), and several others to toss around ideas. Eventually, the group Hideo Kojima deemed several suggestions “satisfactory,” thus beginning the initial phase of production. Could this mean that the Metal Gear Solid series is finally headed to the PSP?

http://www.jeux-france.com/news13294...a-l-etude.html

DCEmu Newbie

hmm,they definitely read too much into the blog.
    the original japanese text does not mention metal gear at all.
    in fact, it's probably safe to say they did not mention the metal gear series on purpose, so that ppl would not jump the gun.

all it says in the blog is that they had a brainstorming session for a PSP project. kojima liked the ideas, thought they would make a revolutionary new game, and the director of metal gear acid 2 asked to be director of the project (and was allowed to).

so, maybe ppl shouldn't get too hyper about this.

EDIT: you know what? i went back to read the jeux-france article, and IT
    also said nothing about the project being metal gear. it just said the director of the project is Shinta Nojiri of MGA2.
    Joystiq needs to get its head straight.

Default Metal Gear Solid PSP (not Ac!d)

Wow!! how cool would it be if they actually had the 3rd person metal gear solid games for the psp, it would be a great technical achievment but when sony increase the psps power to 333mhz a metal gear solid action game should work no prob, and it could easily have wireless play like in metal gear solid 3 subsistance well i hope they do a good job of it!

do u think they should port metal gear solid or create a whole new concept?

yes
    No

post your opinions or ideas

DCEmu Newbie

a proper metal gear solid game on the psp would be awesome! i love metal gear on the playstation and a proper (not turn based) version for psp would rule!!

Porl''

DCEmu Rookie

yeah metal gear solid one port (heck...even enhanced) would be briliiant for the market <_<

DCEmu Rookie

yeah metal gear solid one port (heck...even enhanced) would be briliiant for the market <_<. I would definitely upgrade for this game solely. (or maybe...possibly more games too XD)

DCEmu Newbie

jeux-france article translated by me(Pinbi7)

Hideo Kojima confirme aujourd'hui sur son blog qu'un titre de son cru est bel et bien en préparation pour la PlayStation Portable. Une récente réunion en compagnie de Shinta Nojiri (directeur de Metal Gear Acid 2), Noriaki Okamura (directeur de ZOE) et d'autres personnes était organisée dans le but de rassembler les idées au sujet du titre. Plusieurs nouveautés furent proposées au cours de cette réunion qualifiée de satisfaisante par Hideo Kojima qui devrait maintenant se charger de la conception d'un premier 'prototype'.

Publié le 16/11/2005 par Stéphane Calonne

Today,Hideo Kojima confirms on his blog that a tittle (from his own) his really on preparation(being made) for the PSP. A recent meeting with Shinta Nojiri (director of Metal Gear Acid 2), Noriaki Okamura (director of ZOE(zone of enders)) and others was organised to make a brainstorming for the comming tittle. Many new ideas where proposed while in session who Hideo Kojima deemed satisfactory(satisfaction).Hideo Kojima should now take care of the confection of a first 'prototype'.

published on 16/11/2005 by Stéphane Calonne
    translated by my self (pinbi7)

hope it makes sence to you(at least it's a much better translation then babblefish or google)

and it didin't say nothing about a new MGS,it coold be anything from Contra to
    MGS Castlevania,TMNT,or DDR

i'd rather have a New Castlevania then a new MGS,Contra would be great too

Edit:i made a mistake ,the tittle to the article was "Metal Gear PSP à l'étude ?"
    wich translate into "Metal Gear PSP being studied?"

DCEmu Rookie

Ugh DDR wouldnt be good for psp, of course Taiko no tatsujin made it...who knows XD

I've been disapointed in hideo since I bought acid... that same week I had bought mgs3 and beat it several times that week. *if you want to understand where I'm comming from.
    what a mastermind though...

after seeing what a 333mhz version of battlefront II looks like, I'm certain there can be a metal gear solid on the psp

dont hurt me..... but i love metal gear ac!d and cant wait for the sequel, i understand what zai means with bf on 333mhz 2 its crazy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information