Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2.00 games exploit found (I hope)

Default 2.00 games exploit found (I hope)

I have made an exploit in which something occurs (you think I'd tell you right now?) that would most likely enable 2.00 games to run. Cool, right? OK. But I do not have a 2.00 UMD game to test it on (oranisothaticouldruntotestit). Can anyone tell me howtocondenseanisostrictlyfortestpurposes so I can try this out and then release the tricker if it works? Please understand that this isn't a scam for someone to help me play downloaded ISOs. If you don't believe that I have a project underway I can show you a video of the current progress made. And if you think the video is fake, I will make it with the PSP in my hands.

I really don't want to buy GTA and find that it doesn't work with my exploit and not be able to return it to the store.

Thanks for your help
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

So why don't you us how you intend to do it and then someone that owns GTA can try it.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, post a video and the files we need to test the exploit.
    Tell us how to proceed and I'll test it today on my psp with GTA LCS.

Will this allow you to play v2.0 requiring UMD's such as GTA and v2.0 requiring game isos through fastloader on your v1.5 PSP if this works?. (just checking, didnt understand what you found)

TrylOokingontheboldwordor or em... nts
    or a p,2,p program like lime something, i think its wire?

Lets see the vid

I am SO SORRY...I've been busy ushering for a play going on at my school...but I did film the vid for the skeptics. Since I don't have a 2.00 UMD or a big enough mem stick for a 2.00 ISO (512MB), I cannot try this myself (obviously), but I can show the firmware hacking progress that seemed to develop while workind on it. See what you think.

It actually shows a sort of "firmware hybrid" in which the Network icon can be shown and the gameboot.pmf contains the words "PlayStation Portable" underneath the PSP logo (like 2.00), but also shows no "Theme Settings" icon under Settings and runs homebrew (like 1.50). I really hope to get the hard drive for Christmas so I can try this out.

And for those of you wondering why I am not posting the method until completely successful is for 2 reasons: 1) I do not want to be held responsible for screwing up someone's flash memory, and 2) I don't want my credit for this project to be stolen from me. It is as simple as that.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

There have been things like this done, and there are 2 assumptions that can be made to support the fake side.

1.)You are really good at hex editing
    2.)Amazing video editing skills

Things that confuse me,
    Why did your D Pad make that awful noise?
    From the looks of it your case for the psp looks quite different than a standard PSP! Why?

maby it was me, but some button mashes VS. responce time from the PSP were out of sinc even compaired to laggy instances.
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

DCEmu Newbie

why do people automatically assume that he's lying.

it seems like an awful lot of trobule to go to for so little reward.

i unfortunately can't help you since i don't how to do what you're asking myself. but i hope someone does help.

I dont mean to denounce it, infact if it works I will walk out this door right now and go pick up a copy of Socom and GTA

Honestly something I would offer a gratitude donation if I see it work in my hands

and to be honest My PSP is scuffed up and best buy replaces it for any factory hardware defects or software defects... (So I dont mind testing)

so really why not a firm ware emulator? takes the eprom risk out.
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information