Thread: Genplusgx 26/08/08 Genesis Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube

Blog Entries

Rev Genplusgx 26/08/08 Genesis Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube

Eke-Eke has released a new version of the Genesis Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube

Heres whats new:

26/08/2008:
    -----------
    [Genesis]

- YM2612(MAME): fixed LFO phase update for CH3 special mode: fix sound effects in Warlock & Aladdin (thanks to AamirM)
    - YM2612(MAME): fixed EG attenuation level on "KEY ON": fix Ecco 2's splash sound
    - YM2612(MAME): fixed SSG-EG emulation: fix Bubba'n Stix (Track 5) and many others
    - YM2612(MAME): replaced sample interpolation with libsamplerate support, High Quality mode is now more accurate
    - implemented cycle-accurate HINT timings: every timing sensitive games/demos are now *finally* working fine
    - fixed a bug affecting CRAM/VSRAM DMA timings
    - fixed Sprite Attribute Table address mask for VRAM writes
    - improved accuracy of 68k access to Z80: fix music in Pacman 2 when entering PAUSE menu
    - disabled "Address Error" emulation when UMK3 hack is loaded: fix game crashing after a round ends up
    - added support for some more unlicensed games: Pocket Monster, King of Fighter 98, Soul Blade (credits to Haze)
    - improved Menacer emulation: fix lightgun support in Body Count & T2: The Arcade Game
    - added Konami Justifier emulation: fix lightgun support in Lethal Enforcers 1 & 2
    - added Sega Mouse emulation (Populous 2, Body Count, Shangai 2, Fun'n Games, ...)

[NGC/Wii]
    - added Wiimote support for Menacer/Justifier/Mouse
    - added DVD support in Wii mode (no modchip required)
    - added "Gun cursor" option to enable/disable gun position display
    - added "Invert Mouse" option to invert Sega Mouse vertical axe (required by some games)
    - improved Controller options: Wiimote/Nunchuk and Classical Controllers can now be affected separately to ANY player

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Rookie

amazing.

weird...
    the previous version ran perfectly
    this one freezes when i try to load it on the HBC

DCEmu Rookie

it doesn't freeze on my HBC.....

just a little question, is it possible to play with 2 menacer or 2 justifiers? I tried Lethal Enforcer 1 and 2 and I can only control with the second controller.... the first must use the gamepad only it seems.

Doesn't freeze on HBC for me either.

Also, i noticed something. Its not detecting my Classic Controller Automatically. It will, for the menu, but if i want to use it in a game, i need to go to Emulator Options>>Controls Options>>(then i set the Wiimote 1 to Classic 1).

I hope this is fixed in the next release.

ok...i figured out the problem
    it was my SD card

the emulator runs fine and looks good

i can finally play Aladdin without the sound messing up!!!

DCEmu Rookie

any chance this emulator could support sega cd/sega 32x games in the future?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Dvd Dl

Eke-Eke,

Do all your latest emulators that support DVD have compatibility with Dual Layer discs?

Thanks and keep up the GREAT work!!

Thread Information