Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOSBOXDC released

does it work on windows 0.60 version?

I went to the site and it didnt have the name on the compatibility list not even for 0.63 but it works for 0.63 cause i have it on PC. Thats why i asked it would be great if people could test the games and let us know what works what doesnt.

Eric

DCEmu Newbie

I tested this emu, I want to say that is great for a first release! I've made some changes to "dosbox.conf" and, at this moment, those are my best results (of performance).
    cycles=800
    scaler=none
    nosound=true
    mpu401=false
    adlib=false
    cms=false
    pcspeaker=false
    tandy=false
    disney=false

In this emu there is not a huge speed loss with sound enabled. But the "scaler=normal2x" was really slowing the whole emu down. Anyways, there is a problem with "scaler=none" in the game "Commander Keen" that crashes the game after the map screen, when you want to start the first level (this only happens on the real DC, not in Chankast). Another "note" is that disabling the Sound Blaster (via "sblaster=false") crashes the emu. Good luck GPF with this great project!

Okay i had tested you conf file i found maybe a bit of a speed up. It seems that Keen isnt the only one doing this from Apogee but DUKE is aswell. I got Duke to load one and after that it crashed my DC.

Here is another thing that can help you out if no one knows. During a game you can increase and decrease framerate by holding ctrl+F8 to increase and ctrl+F7 to decrease. You can also increase and decrease cpu by holding ctrl+F12 to increase and ctrl+F11 to decrease. Thats how i got games like Leaper to run fullspeed a clone of frogger. I would also like to mention that there is some high graphic games running at quite a good speed supaplex i believe is one of them but crashes after the intro screen. I dont think the fullscreen had anything to do with a slow down as i didnt see much improvment of speeds for Leaper.

Anyways i hope this was of some help

Eric

DCEmu Newbie

Not the fullscreen, but is the scaler what is slowing the emu down. According to Chui (who made the version of SDL that this emu is running on) fullscreen should give minor to no speed gain. But try enabling the scaler, maybe the emu wouldn't crash. I'm a learning coder, but I'm sure that this emu will need a big work to do in the "display department" to run old DOS games at full speed.

Well i hope Paul Jake that this can be updated big time i think it would be great to have a fullspeed running DosBox on Dreamcast and i do think its possible. But heres the total slow down is the VGA.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, I think so. It would be nice if more coders want to help in this project.

the DOSBOX doesn't work with me! :\

1st off: the DC doesn't mount the images correctly! I follow line-by-line the way to mount the CD, it says that it's mounted, but when i make DIR it says it's empty!

2nd: the dosbox.conf - the AUTOEXEC doesn't work too! i simply modified the command to load what i wanted and the console simply doesn't run anythng about it... i changed:

[autoexec]
    # Lines in this section will be run at startup.
    mount c "/cd/Keen"
    c:
    Keen1.exe

to this:

[autoexec]
    # Lines in this section will be run at startup.
    mount c "/cd/KGEN"
    c:
    KGEN.exe

the DC simply doesn't run that!

i mean: i can't do nothing!! i try to mount some DIR of the CD... mounts, but it says that the dir is empty, and i KNOW i typed everything correctly!

and the AUTOEXEC simply doesn't even run!

help plz? :/

UPDATE: I just realized the error in my DOSBOX. he site says the 1ST_READ.BIN is scrambled, but in fact, it's NOT!

Still: one thing i don't get it.... how did i managed to make the DOSBOX SELFBOOT IF the 1ST_READ.BIN file WAS NOT scrambled???

it was weird... i burned 3 cds, all the same way. the first one was salfbootable, the IP.BIN had something modified, but i can't remmeber very well what... the other 2 had another IP.BIN and they just crashed in the IP.BIN screen. anyways... it's weird how did i managed to make the DOSBOX selfboot without being scrambled...

DCEmu Newbie

help! it's one week i want try it i dont know how to burn

1st_read.bin
    dosbox.conf
    keen (folder)

i start chankast without utopia the emu dont go, with utopia the loader stop at 98%

how i can burn the files to start it??? i'm trying everything of everything help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information