Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NEO4ALL/AES alpha-preview coming soon !

Default NEO4ALL/AES alpha-preview coming soon !

NEO4ALL/AES is a NEO4ALL fork using MMU for load large NEOGEO home console roms.

Yesterday, Fox68k and me tested first playable pre-alpha version and Metal Slug X (64MB rom) is very playable !!!! Theoretically, 298 games will be supported.

A few days, i hope release a alpha-preview for testing everybody.

Talking

o_o oh my goooooooooooddddd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D BEAUTIFULL!!!!!

Chiu i made a list of compatibility =D WHEN put the release.
    Great news *_*.
    I hope of play KIZUNA ENCOUNTER too much beauty.

Dream Coder

Wow, and I had just gotten MVS code running a bit ago too. I hadn't thought to use the mmu in such a fashion though, I'll have to see how you do it when it get's released, although this being a fork won't be good for it.

You most definetly mean MVS and not AES as there does not exist a proper AES emulator out there (look at your code, if you have pd4990 emulation, it's not AES )
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by DARKGATE
    o_o oh my goooooooooooddddd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D BEAUTIFULL!!!!!

Chiu i made a list of compatibility =D WHEN put the release.
    Great news *_*.
    I hope of play KIZUNA ENCOUNTER too much beauty.
    See attatch file.

Quote Originally Posted by quzar
    Wow, and I had just gotten MVS code running a bit ago too. I hadn't thought to use the mmu in such a fashion though, I'll have to see how you do it when it get's released, although this being a fork won't be good for it.

You most definetly mean MVS and not AES as there does not exist a proper AES emulator out there (look at your code, if you have pd4990 emulation, it's not AES )
    My mmu_file/mmu_handle library will be LGPL, you will can use if you want it.

About AES, only it's a name but will need 'aes-bios.bin' for working, and it emulate home version, so no insert-coint but select button.

i see the list, but i don't uderstand you have tried all the games and work in the emu?

Great QUZAR i wait also you news , you neo geo emu, and pc-engine =).

What's MMU? If you loaded a rom that big is it possible to apply the same logic to emulate other systems with large storage media?

Dream Coder

MMU stands for Memory Management Unit. What it does is allows the user to set up a memory map of up to (iirc) 512mb that can consist of virtual memory addresses. If one of the virtual memory addresses is called, then it can trigger a fnction to load the actual data into memory.

In theory it can be used like this, and I proposed such ability of usage for emulation a while ago on dcemulation, but there isn't much gain in doing so compared to a completely software version of the same thing (using queues to determine what is loaded into memory and such) and there is a high chance for mapped spaces to accidentally clash with the rest of the program.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

MMU hardware is memory management unit, allows and manages virtual memory, so NEO4ALL/AES loads rom on demand.

It is hard to use it, but my final university project was a micro-kernel and uses MMU.

With Metal Slug X (64MBytes rom) can see that working-set for first game stage is 7040 KBytes, so only you need 7-8 MBytes for playing first state.

The key is prefetch and page-fail algorithms for minimal and fast loads.

Unbelievable! We will soon be able to play games that nobody would have imagined would be seen on dreamcast.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information