Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: may have to cancel DS preorder

Default Re: may have to cancel DS preorder

to see you doing work on GBA i might have to buy one of those flashcarts for my GBA

A little item you guys may not be aware of, the 4-6 hours is an estimate from an unknown source, HOWEVER, sources close to sony reckon that for movie playback its 2-3 hours and for games its 3, its also HEAVILY rumoured that the PSP WILL be delayed until summer or autumn 2005 due to developers having probs with the dev kits, all rumours I know but the news on the NINTENDO front are all rosy, they are now officially the most profitable jap game company ( SHARE PRICE) for the 3rd year running, they havnt done anything since the snes????? I would laugh out loud I just cant be arsed. Anyway its been a whil since my last post but a large shout out to all the guys, wraggster, quzar et al, you know who you are hehehehe, keep up the grovy work.

[quote author=quzar link=board=NDS;num=1098892539;start=15#19 date=10/29/04 at 17:14:26]

I said it cause its funny =P. When the GBA was new i still had my nomad which was excellent for portability and such. When that finally broke, a friend ended up lending me a GBA for a few months, then I just didnt care for a while, but someone offered to sell me one for 50$ (with an afterburner installed). I also ordered a 512Mbit flashcart and maybe ill try my hand at some devving for the thing .

CPS1 not possible on the gba. Without frameskip or underclocking I get a total of ~10fps out of it on DC. I could probably double that, but that is still a far reach from fullspeed.
    [/quote]

That seems like a good deal, however, I imagine you could get an SP out of someone for the same price, and if I am not mistaken ( and i am alot so dont take my word for it) the GBASP has better battery life. Not only that but its a bit more compact and it just looks cooler imo.

It's a shame that CPS1 isnt a real option for the gba. I am sure quite a few other machines included in MAME would function great. I just cant believe that no one has put any effort in for NGP.. I guess there is some kind of problem with it or somthing.

Dream Coder

[quote author=1timeuser link=board=NDS;num=1098892539;start=15#22 date=10/30/04 at 09:13:17]

That seems like a good deal, however, I imagine you could get an SP out of someone for the same price, and if I am not mistaken ( and i am alot so dont take my word for it) the GBASP has better battery life. Not only that but its a bit more compact and it just looks cooler imo.

It's a shame that CPS1 isnt a real option for the gba. I am sure quite a few other machines included in MAME would function great. I just cant believe that no one has put any effort in for NGP.. I guess there is some kind of problem with it or somthing.[/quote]

I think the SP looks like a compact (you know, girls makup thinger) and the fact that it uses a proprietary battery makes me cringe since i cant just pop in some AAs. If I wanted to improve battery life I could go out and get some spiffy LI-io batery too, but i'm not gonna. That and I find the buttons a bit compact for me even (and i have tiny hands).
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Coder

[quote author=quzar link=board=NDS;num=1098892539;start=15#23 date=10/30/04 at 10:35:22]

I think the SP looks like a compact (you know, girls makup thinger) and the fact that it uses a proprietary battery makes me cringe since i cant just pop in some AAs. If I wanted to improve battery life I could go out and get some spiffy LI-io batery too, but i'm not gonna. That and I find the buttons a bit compact for me even (and i have tiny hands).
    [/quote]

The battery also worries me.. more like what happens when you can't find them anymore

SP has an advantage over the screen not getting scratched as easily. The controls.. what's the word.. contact is better.. but I've got big hands. So it really is too small.. but it does fit nicely in the pocket..
    Normal gba take a little too much pressure to move the controller.

Althogh the Nomad, and GG are still the top of my list for comfort.. especially the GG.. gotta petition Nintendo for an adult sized GBA version!

The lack of a headphones port is also a minus. I remember when i got my flashcart i had plans to turn it into a media player... that kind of got shot down.

DCEmu Coder

The SP actually does have a headphone port, but you need an adapter to actually plug some headphones into it. I can't imagine why they did that, because a standard headphone port would have been smaller, and probably cheaper to manufacture.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...headphones.jsp

DCEmu Coder

[quote author=BlackAura link=board=NDS;num=1098892539;start=15#26 date=11/01/04 at 02:59:21] I can't imagine why they did that, because a standard headphone port would have been smaller, and probably cheaper to manufacture.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...headphones.jsp[/quote]

Tell me about it.. and the adapter is in the way if you're older than 12..

Quote: as for nintendo staying on top in the handeld market, look what happened after the snes.
    The DS isnt the PSP's competition, the DS is Nintendo's 3rd pillar, somthing completely different! The GBA2 is the PSP's competition. and shame on you scully, you'd rather have somthing with flashy tech's than comthing with originality and innovative features

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information