Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DCEmu Ask its Members #2 What Name Would You Change This Network To ?

Blog Entries

Home/News DCEmu Ask its Members #2 What Name Would You Change This Network To ?

DCEmu has grown into a network much bigger than i envisaged back in 2004, i had been doing websites since around 2002 if my memory serves me right and whilst DCEmu is a very well known name worldwide it sometimes doesnt capture the fact that we are a site that cover Homebrew, Hacking, Development, Gaming and Hardware News for Consoles and More.

In private we have been considering the renaming of DCEmu, now some factors have to be took into account, most importantly the availability of domain names, almost all 3 and 4 and even 5 letter .com domains have already gone, most i might add by companys who buy just to sell at silly prices.

But we also want a name that grabs you by the goolies and says what we are, now to be honest for over a month we have not come up with one decent suggestion.

So if any of you have an idea for a new name then please post it, in the end we may never find a suitable name but if we dont try we will never do.

So please post away.

DCEmu Rookie

I think the name is fine, it's going to hard to find a suitable domain that encompasses a description that everything this site is about. A name like homebrewhackingallconsolesnewhardware.com will be to complicated. I think the elegance of dcemu.co.uk is fine.

It is hard to come up with a name that really defines what this site does and is snappy, so I say don't bother. Either leave it as it is or go for something that in no way gives any clue as to what the site is about (e.g. Zophars Domain).

DCEmu Newbie

ConsoleHackz.com???

I think we should just leave the name as it is, can't think of any other name that would this website.

I think leaving it as it is pays respects to the sites heritage. The name as it is just stands out, putting console or hack or mod in its name will blend it in to the crowd and cause it to loose some of its uniqueness.

Wondered this a bit, since the "emu" part seems to be frowned upon by most of the mainstream game companies. The best part is that the "emu" part is also which makes this site far more unique then most other rising games sites.

Idunno. DCEmu is fine, and maybe the translation will be lost some day? Who knows, maybe if the site does become more mainstream then the name should change. I think getting rid of even more things that could be seen as "pirate" related(without sacrificing the core homebrew) would be the first step though.

I also think that DCemu is fine and sort.
    If you want to change it that badly, here are some names:
    CDEmu.com
    EmuDC.com
    DCemu.net
    Umecd.com
    Lets get serious...
    Emuinf.com
    Emubell.com
    Emuworld.com
    IntoEmu.com
    Emufruit.com

changing the name will cause headaches in more ways than 1 - people might forget the new name so you lose users. you would also have possible problems with the sub domains etc. - i say if it aint broke why fix it?
    with this in mind i have a single name idea that could be expanded upon.
    cgnewsnet.com which would be console & gaming news network. i thought of chnewsnet but that doesnt have the same ring to it (console & hacking news network - not as snappy imho).
    this is all i can think of that would best describe the site as it stands now, but i would still be sad to see the dcemu name gone. i first came here because of the dreamcast so it holds some memories for me. anyway i shall respect your descision as it is yours to make either way - ill still be here for a while.

dcemuworldwide
    universalemu
    UGN (universal gaming network) jk
    IGM (informative gaming movement) jk
    worldofbrew

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information