Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP Passes Away - Some Games Producers Quit

Blog Entries

psp PSP Passes Away - Some Games Producers Quit

According to Gameplayer recently, different PSP games studios have quit the PSP and given the dev kit's back to Sony, I think this is just down to hype and price, the Nintendo DS, is a good example of something that has been hyped and priced well, since it costed so little compared to the PSP since day 1 it still as that price factor, also the more people to buy it because of the price, the more people to hype it right? Well in terms of selling games console, the rich get richer, you just have to get the snowball rolling.

One of the studios to begin the slow, painful process of murdering the PSP is Ready At Dawn Studios, after they finished with God of War for the PSP they litterally packed up their bags and sent the PSP developers kit back to Sony.

This is happening simply because there aren't many people buying them, and the people who are buying them are just ripping them and sharing them over the internet (don't do this). Also there just isn't that many people with a PSP and the majority of people who have one are either bored of it and it's in a box somewhere, or they have illegally copied software to their PSP's.

So, that's what the future of the PSP, I wouldn't recommend buying one because it's really not worth it and you will get bored and the games will run out, however, for the DS, fun games are always comming out so you'll never get bored of it.

I hope this article helps you, and thanks for reading!

http://gamebyte.blogspot.com/2008/09...producers.html

I've yet to see an actual fun game come out for the DS since WarioWare, but then again, I'm not looking. It's sad to see this happening to the PSP. I'm actually hope the PSP 3000 does not get hacked. Pirates are killing the PSP, as a result, no company wants to make games that will get pirated, and it loops.

thats total BS man. the psp isnt dead, look at the ps2, its almost 10 years old and its still going strong, even outsell the ps3, and untill a few weeks ago psp was THE top selling unit out there, so telling people not to buy a psp is stupid. and shame on dcemu for spreading this hate-mongering. disgusting!

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

PS2 was supported by $ony P$P isn't there is the difference m8..Glad i got rid of mine when i did

You could say or compare the PSP to the Dreamcast or, in very past tense. The Amiga Computer. Or, the late Great Gary Kildall. Waaay ahead of their time and, most of the public didn't appreciate or, really even know what kind of *magic* it could do. If their were no iPod.. Perhaps, things *might* be different? Or, if their were no NDS things *might* also be different. Even though CP/M was a far superior and, much more stable OS than MS-DOS was.. They (meaning Big Blue) let the market decide. It was hard to justify someone paying $240.00 for CP/M when MS-DOS was only $40.00. (Why us Americans do this .99 crap is beyond me!).. It's Only $149.99 or $19.99! No! It's $150.00 or $20.00! I mean.. weren't we taught in school to round numbers off? Well, that's my rant.. Peace Everyone!

DCEmu spreading this $#@! sucks,

They're all blaming this on piracy, there is piracy on the DS too, and on Wii.

What happens is that the DS user base (not all of them) are people who haven't played a videogame in their life and don't know what to expect more than something to kill some time. They don't want Epic battles, complex storylines or anything like that, hence why hardcore titles for the DS are not selling well.

Developers love this, because they can make any piece of crap with a decent gameplay and it will sell millions, I mean "Cooking Mamma", "Nintendogs", seriously WTF?.

They want to do the same for the psp but it doesn't work because psp user base has grown playing lots of games with awesome storylines and killer graphics and we all want all that in our beloved portable system.

edit: MY GOD, this is worse than I thought, I just saw the games I mentioned above and I seriously can't believe someone made a game out of fliping burgers and scratching dogs and playing with them, and the most horrifying thing is that there is people buying them

Damn!!!!!
    Last edited by mike_jmg; September 7th, 2008 at 19:04.

If you believed the nay-sayers, the PSP would've been dead years ago. And yet it sells 10's of 1000's every week. I find it pathetic when people say it's dead, and they are glad they got rid of theirs. The homebrew scene is one of the most varied and abundant in years and the games are definitely not as bad as people have made out. Sure, there is a lot of crap, but there is a lot of crap if not more on ALL systems.

I wouldnt at all say the PSP is dead.
    I'd rant, but after reading mike_jmg's post, I feel that is exactly what I would say.
    **** overly-hyped generic games.

PSP is still alive. I'd rant more but it's already been said what I need to say. Consoles aren't a flavor of the month. Good games and systems will always be good games and systems. Shame on DCEmu. I thought you promoted the same philosophy I hold.

This article is absolute rubbish. The only studio to have sent back their devkits in this way is Ready at Dawn, and it wasn't due to low hardware sales (30 million is pretty high, actually), seeing as both of their games sold very well. They just want to move onto other platforms.

This is a silly fanboyish article.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information