Thread: Broken LCD!!! what should I do?

Unhappy Broken LCD!!! what should I do?

today my beloved psp decided that the chapstick in my pocket was worthy enough to push the "protective" screen to the point of cracking the LCD benieth.

I ran to the places I bought it trying to get any kind of replacement plan, but no success... other than the replacement of a 256mb Duo stick that had gotten flashed out since I bought it on release day.

What I'm wondering is, what I should do now. There's a new door open to me since I am no longer afraid of voiding my psp. modding to video out to a tv isnt out of the question, I really wish I could remember who were selling LCDs...

it does nothing but play music right now. *lots, now that there's no homebrew on my memory sticks*

any suggestions ?

well, if you can manage to make it out to not being your fault, there might be a chance to send it to Sony for repairs under your warranty(no telling what version you'll get though)
    A similar thing happened to me a long time back, and a thread about it is here if you want to read it
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8646
    or long story short, i broke my lcd screen by dropping it, and managed to send it to sony, getting a new one back for free(except S&H and it was a 1.51)

DCEmu Newbie

Well, some people from PSPCrazy or just an advertisement on there are repairing/replacing LCDs, but only the LCDs. It's (hopefully) perfect for you! But the time I saw it was on their old layout, not sure if they still have the advertisement. Good luck!

DCEmu Newbie

Default One solution for you

You could get the screen replaced by us. Please check out the following post:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...en+replacement

Simon

oh, thanks guys.
    sorry sdonn I already bought one.

I concluded by ordering an lcd for 45 dollars (US) and a psp2tv kit for 119 dollars (US).

I'll let you know how the manual installation works out

Thread Information