Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSPsetX v0.2 for PSP Firmware 2.0 Owners

Blog Entries

Default PSPsetX v0.2 for PSP Firmware 2.0 Owners

Placasoft has updated PSPsetX for v2.0 PSP. Here is the info of this release:

<blockquote>PSPsetX 0.2 out now?
    With the safest downgrade function ever!!!

Just select downgrade, go to the PSP menu afterwards and start the 1.5 update!
    The pmf for the gameboot video should not be bigger than 1,2MB. If your PSP crashes it's not my fault. If you got any problems just send me an email to pspsetX[at]placasoft[dot]de.

-- Change Gameboot
    - Change Gameboot = copies the Gameboot.pmf from ms0:/Gameboot.pmf?into the flash
    - Backup Gameboot = copies the Gameboot.pmf from the flash into ms0:/Gameboot.pmf
    - Restore original Gameboot = Restores the old gameboot.pmf

-- Firmware Tweaks
    - Set Version 1.00 - 2.5 = Sets your PSP Version to 2.5. You can now also play games which require 2.5

-- Change X-O-Buttons
    >>>>>> Before using this please restore factory settings <<<<<<
    - Set X as enter (US / EU) = now X = enter at the psp menu
    - Set = as Enter (jp) = now O = enter at the psp menu

-- Stuck Pixel Cleaner
    - Start cleaning = takes about 20 minutes

BIIIIGGGGG THX TO fanjita ... he is a really nice guy!!!!</blockquote>

Download via comments

DCEmu Newbie

Forgive my naivety. I am currently using 1.5 on my PSP. I’ve wanted to update to 2.0 for it’s features but I don’t want to loose my emulation stuff. It seems that this will do it? Are there any hurdles to this? Also how do I go about it?

I think the only reason you would want to upgrade is so you can play the newer umd games (gta). The new features in 2.0 are not worth the hassle and you will lose some hombrews. One of the most annoying things about 2.0 homebrew is this. Say you are playing Nester and you have all your settings the way you want, the next time you load it up all your settings are default again. The loader is not as nice as having a 1.5 with all your homebrews all nice and neat. There is a few more things about it that are annoying as hell too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser
    Forgive my naivety. I am currently using 1.5 on my PSP. I’ve wanted to update to 2.0 for it’s features but I don’t want to loose my emulation stuff. It seems that this will do it? Are there any hurdles to this? Also how do I go about it?
    This doesn't launch emulators or the like...but it does use something that does launch those. Fanjita's Eboot loader for 2.0's been out for awhile and to my knowledge can load 80% of all homebrew (the percent not working mostly being wifi, USB, and other Kernel mode probrams, although apparently WiFi supports on it's way)

Say you are playing Nester and you have all your settings the way you want, the next time you load it up all your settings are default again
    Fanjita's working on that. Apparently the emulators wouldn't save settings unless they got a signal from the home button. Apparently the next version of the loader will mimic the signal when you exit using the soft reboot option with the loader (Currently L+R+SELECT, I think. Although in the next version he apparently found a way to assign the soft reboot to the home button), allowing the settings to be saved.

...wow. I said "Apparently" alot just then.

DCEmu Newbie

Well i need a good browser and the 2.0 one seems like the best?
    Also if I could play some of the UMD games that would be a plus. Of course Homebrew is more important!

DCEmu Rookie

just freaking make a firmware..... get code of browser games and hombrew... perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    just freaking make a firmware..... get code of browser games and hombrew... perfect!
    If anyone does make a firmware, they should make one that has an option to load and run a firmware from the memory stick perfectly. Bingo. Instant homebrew forever WITH the latest stuff! Although that's probably 100x harder to do than it sounds...so...yeah...

DCEmu Newbie

Default Is that possible?

i just have hope about that, if the Fanjita's Eboot loader can load homebrew like the FastLoader, DevHook, UMD emulator, and console emulators (like Snes)we have all we want to be happy ....hope...

Agreed with the last comment. The only thing that I want to see on the 2.00 Eboot Loader is just for a way to get back to the psp menu without having to boot it up again, that is all. Menu settings the same would be nice too but its not ESSENTIAL. I'm still going to keep one of my psp's 1,5 forever though Nothing will ever be as great as 1.0 and 1.5 in terms of homebrew, ever. Today I was impressed with this release. . . i got it like 7 hours ago on ********** or some other site. Lately i've been dissapointed with the psp scene and this has pulled me back in a bit.

DCEmu Newbie

How do I actually install this file to get it to work? I have fanjitas' eboot loader and it works great, but does not work 100% with all emulators.Is this better or should I stay with Fanjita's eboot?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information