Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Got Hurt While Gaming?

Blog Entries

General games You Got Hurt While Gaming?

Time for, that's right, TELL US DAMMIT. here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, Kotaku reader person. You probably know ****tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion. Not sure!

Something playing games is physical — especially if you playing a marathon session.

Question: Ever got a gaming-related injury? If so, what? How?

http://kotaku.com/5049347/you-got-hurt-while-gaming

DCEmu Newbie

I once slipped when playing my DS and poked myself in the eye with the stylus........i couldn't open it for a day, haha it would've been awesome if i got to wear an eyepatch ^_^

My thumb locked up once for playing too long. That was quite scary. And i scuffed my thumb cus I pushed too hard on the thumbstick, and the friction just....well hurt. haha

-Xiofire

Yup,while playing the wii,Was a noob,Was doing the loppy ball techinique in bowling (wiisports) and slipped and fell on my back xD

I'm not sure if it counts, but when I used to play Street Fighter 2 on the SNES, my thumb would blister up from going crazy on the D-Pad.

my first entry into the land of WASD gaming was the original half-life, and it really made my hands hurt. i've been using an n52 keypad and a logitech thumb trackball mouse for years now and have never experienced any of the pain associated with subconsciously squeezing gaming peripherals.

on the other hand, my wife would always injure herself while playing wii tennis due to her actual tennis abilities that led her into performing full motion actions minus the resistance that a real racket and ball would offer while i stood beside her and gave minimal waggle.

Hmm, on Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the PS1 my thumbs used to get blistered.
    I used to get really angry when I would play video games too (as in, around 4-7 years old) and throw the controller and $#@!.
    I think I once got hit in the head by a controller I threw (dont remember how it happened O_O).

locked up thumbs and blisters and there's one time I destroyed my playstation and fell cause of the controller cable I tripped on, wasn't fun at all

One of my friends has a special first person shooter controller for the xbox original, and instead of padded analog sticks, they have these spike kind of things on them, and I cut my finger really bad on them playing Halo 2...

Playing street fighter alpha on the nes my tumbs blistered and more recently playing Knights of the Zodiac Hades on the ps2.

Also my psp used to make my hands hurt cause it has zero ergonomics, now my hands got used to it and don't hurt anymore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information