Thread: Samurai Showdown Anthology set to heat up winter

Blog Entries

psp Samurai Showdown Anthology set to heat up winter

Before there was Soul Calibur, there was Samurai Showdown. Fans of the weapons-based fighting series may remember the early days -- a time when all the cool kids had Neo Geos. Those were some good times, huh? Since then, the series has grown and spread its seed onto other platforms.

Gathering the SS titles together, SNK is taking the aging IP and putting all six appropriately numbered Showdown games onto one little disc; it's being called Samurai Showdown Anthology. With SNK around, there's never a shortage of these Anthology collections, now is there? The latest press release pins the game for a European release by winter 2008; a North American release was also mentioned sometime ago.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/09/12/...eat-up-winter/

yea ill be buying this

and btw, the kids who owned a 600$ console and bought 200$ carts were generally not the cool ones

the cool kids played this in the arcade, in the back of the bowling alley, generally were biff and buffy was to scared to venture

I love having my neocd!!
    I love it even better when it's on m psp,even with the great emu's I'll still buy this just to have.
    Samurai shodown is one the best games ever,been waitng for that rpg translation for a while!!!
    Actually it's pretty close to done ...
    I think....

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by osgeld View Post
    yea ill be buying this

and btw, the kids who owned a 600$ console and bought 200$ carts were generally not the cool ones

the cool kids played this in the arcade, in the back of the bowling alley, generally were biff and buffy was to scared to venture
    No, there weren't very many KIDS at all that could afford this crap, mostly only rich adults I would assume...

I didn't know anybody with one anyway. But I did see the price of the cartridges at Babbages one time and almost shat in my pants. And then promptly bought a SNES

lol i did too

i almost talked myself into buying the machine, ... then 199.99$ for a cart

OMFG!

and stuck with my genesis, when when i bought it cost as much as 1 game for the geo

looking back at the days of the old bowling alley, i probally could have afforded a cart for the money i dumped into that machine ... but not both the system and the cart over a 10 year period

If they added online play that would be sick!

Thread Information