Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What REALLY Destroyed The PSP Scene!?

Post What REALLY Destroyed The PSP Scene!?

Ok we all know that Sony has released the following firmwares- - -
    1.00, (JAP) 1.50, 1.51, 1.52, 2.00, 2.01, 2.50, and finally 2.60

Upon the release of the psp system very hastily a new firmware was made because the 1.00 firmware was released in japan (where it was shipped first) and had no code on it to block out material and basically anything could be written on it. Sony fixed this for us U.S citizens so hacking could be stopped but we found an exploit via the memory stick swap method and than later on the replica folder trick. Sony was obviously threatened by this and thus made the firmware 1.51 firmware with the "security patch" but than realized that not many people were going to risk losing there homebrew so they made a 1.52 to TRY to catch us off guard and think it was cool to upgrade. )I did because i was unaware of the psp scene at the time. .) Than we had such programs made such as the WAB version changer and the Sonyxteam version changer. Now this is where things get messy. . . . We were able to bypass the .51 and .52 updates using the version changer for a very long time/ Examples-NBA Live 06, Madden 06, Death JR, Rockman Dash, etc. But as soon as the DOWNGRADE was released sony put 2 and 2 together and said "wow, there relentless and are that willing that they will make a DOWNGRADE!" Hence I believe that because of the action of the downgrader it made things sooo much harder for us. Now we need to result to a firmware launcher, arguments still arise as to who should get credit for the downgrade, (Yoshiro or nankeo or whatever) and people are starting to get insane on the forums and create viruses to brick your psp. People are starting to get crazy about the fear about "flashing" there psp as well. I APPRECIATE the downgrade but i think it destroy the psp scene to some extent and create publicity. Before the Downgrade I ddint fear anything preventing me from stopping to update my psp now I fear I might have to sooner or later.
    The hack on GTA is cool and its a step but come on people nothing is as sweet as 1.50 go to the game folder and open up an app nothing will ever be as sweet and we all know it. Those of you who have a 1.5 and have seen the 2.00+ hacks know what im talking about. . .its not as good AT ALL.

DCEmu Rookie

what i dont understand is what was the game folder for? in the first place? does anyome know? if its just for updates then why didnt they call it update folder? god sony is dumb for making that... you know

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    what i dont understand is what was the game folder for? in the first place? does anyome know? if its just for updates then why didnt they call it update folder? god sony is dumb for making that... you know
    Simple and interesting point you got there. You'd think it be for downloadable content but it seems that stuff ends up in the SAVES folder.

DCEmu Rookie

i bet sony is gonna make somthing big, like download games of there website free for demos and pay ones? games that are simple?who knows they might make a format for ps1 games to be super compressed. then we can play em who knows mybe its real use has not bin made yet. !!!

DCEmu Regular

they originally planned to have game demos released

Sony is winning the war, and I think they will continue to do so. by the time the community gets 2.5 cracked the way it should be, Sony will have put out 4.0, and all new games will require 3.5. Then by the time we crack 3.5, new games will require 5.5.

Unfortunately I think most of us will have to make a decision.

1. Either refuse to upgrade, thus being unable to play new games (which kind of goes against the main reason why most of us bought the system).

2. Update the firmware and say goodbye to your homebrew and emus.

3. Buy two PSPs, one for new games, one for emulation. This doesn't seem like a great option as there are other systems that will likely do emulation and homebrew the same or better, at a cheaper price. A GP2x or a Nintendo DS would make a good complement to your PSP.

With a GP2X you will likely have: NES, SNES, GBC, SMS, Genesis, NGCD, and possibly a good PSX (it's being worked on). GBA May not be good enough.

With a DS you will have: NES, probable full speed SNES, and GBA, on top of new DS games.

With no worries about the company trying to squash the community. Seems peaceful.

Blog Entries

i dont play any games on my PSP now although id love to upgrade to play battlefront 2 & also Champ Manager PSP

DCEmu Newbie

dont the game share games go in the game folder??

DCEmu Newbie

I really don't get it, I am able to play GTA: LCS and run emulators on my 2.0, the homebrew scene looks a hell of a lot better than it did after Sony released the 2.0 update, when people thought it'd be impossible to crack and the idea of a downgrader seemed ludicrous.

Sony isn't winning any war, there is no friggin' war.

To say there is now war def's all the changes Sony keeps making.

Sony continues to shoot themselves in the foot but I have said from the start, Sony ONLY cares about them. The user is not important, just that they buy there products.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information