Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sad Day for Wii Homebrew - Piracy 1 Homebrew 0

Blog Entries

Rev The Sad Day for Wii Homebrew - Piracy 1 Homebrew 0

Yes the release of waninkokos back uploader has apparently been leaked on the net and all those who enjoy pirating are happily doing whatever they do, sadly for real homebrewers this is a kick in the teeth. Even worse when respected tech sites like engadget etc post it with somewhat delight in the post, nice to see homebrewers from not just the wii scene condemn this, despite what some tards on lesser sites think this is bad for homebrew and homebrew sites, yeah Sony apparently havent got the brains or dont give a monkeys about the PSP apart from anyone selling consoles to us in europe (remember lik sang) but Nintendo are a different propostition but whatever happens and appareantly Waninkoko has abandoned the project this will im sure lead to repercussions, ill be interested to hear what Bushing, Marcan and others from Hackmii have to say on this subject.

Yes anyone with any knowledge knows that Wii Modchips have run backups for a long time (more importantly homebrew) but this release that doesnt need any extra hardware so its extremely damaging for nintendo, im not sure how easy to brick your console it will be because of the hack but frankly you take the risk.

I will post updates on this when they come in.

DCEmu Newbie

this is so sad... i just got everyone in my house hyped out about this! oh well. does the leaked version work well? i found it, but havent messed with it yet

who really cares...i mean since it was leaked early, Wainkoko stated on his site that he's abandoning the project. and from what i hear there's alot of bugs in the leaked beta. so i wouldn't worry too much about this hurting the scene

EDIT: apparently it was one of the people on GBAtemp that leaked it
    Last edited by supersoni88; September 19th, 2008 at 16:40. Reason: more info

As I've stated before, an ISO loader doesn't bother me whatsoever.
    BUT, I still feel for Waninkoko in as much as his own team of testers have $#@! on him. He got a massive amount of grief from loads of people, including some from this site, regarding some of his programs. But he still persevered and gave the scene what they wanted.
    As much as people try to take the high ground, a lot of people use his programs for less than honourable things, such as WAD manager and now the ISO loader.
    IF (and that's a big IF) this endsup being Waninkoko's last release/project, then I'd like to thank him. I won't confirm whether I have or intend to use any of his projects, but he has worked hard for ALL of us in the homebrew scene.
    Waninkoko, I salute you.

This was not GBAtemp's fault. It was one of the 50 beta testers that decided to leak it.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but after hearing about wanin's relation to certain chip manufacturers being part of his motivation, I have to wonder if his reaction to the leak is staged. I wasn't planning on using it anyways, (I don't even have a DVD burner for one thing) but watching the whole thing snowball and unfold was mildly interesting. It will be a shame if this causes Nintendo to really focus on putting the axe to all homebrew methods though.

Worst news ever! In that, it was leaked and is incomplete and might not get finished.

If its incomplete it'll probably break things/ not work properly.

If thats the case Nintendo may be able to make it so that games simply don't load properly, rather than go to the trouble of beating the twilight hack (which they clearly can't do)

Though, I must say - it's better to have a leaked incomplete buggy version than a perfect version. Even better if this causes development of it to stop.

Im not gonna lie, I did get a hold of it, and I did try it out for myself. Its nothing to worry about. For me, my backup of Mario Strikers was unplayable, the opening sequence wouldn't play, it hung up multiple times, and loading times were ridiculously long. Its nothing to be worried about, seriously, if someone will really sit through that just to play a pirated game, they are desperate. REAL desperate.

Deleted it off my Wii, back to homebrew

-Xiofire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information