Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QOTD: Do You Still Play the Wii?

Blog Entries

Rev QOTD: Do You Still Play the Wii?

In just a few weeks, we can almost guarantee that the wires will be filled with one story again: Wii shortages. It should come as no surprise—Nintendo has redistributed hardware/games like Wii Fit to Europe and elsewhere to avoid the weak dollar. And at the same time, the Wii is still the most sought-after console today.

Yet, in my 3 months since moving, I've unpacked every part of my home theater system except for the Wii. And I can't say I miss it. So to those of you with Wiis in the audience, I want to know...

http://gizmodo.com/5052690/qotd-do-y...l-play-the-wii

I finished the games I bought it for:- Zelda, Mario galaxy, Metroid 3 and smash bros. So No. But I do feel the urge to play zelda through again.

i hadn't played for a few weeks until i got Star Wars, it's really fun and cool

Quote Originally Posted by ____anders____ View Post
    i hadn't played for a few weeks until i got Star Wars, it's really fun and cool
    ditto, force unleashed was awesome!!!! But my wrist hurts pretty bad, xDDDDDD

Still excellent game.

I also play Mario Kart Wii from time to time, online play is pretty neat also. Homebrew is pretty good to.

So yes, i play my Wii more than my PS3, which I use mostly for media play, xDDDDD

I'm slightly disappointed in Nintendo for releasing the Wii.
    It's technologically inferior to the competing consoles. This suprises me because Nintendo has usually released more powerful hardware then its competitors (SNES, N64, Gamecube to an extent). Now they give their hardcore fans 4 games to live off of and the rest of the Wii library is composed of Gamecube ports with "super fun Wii controls" or $#@!.
    As for the Wii having a good homebrew scene, I think it could. Still, there's nothing the Wii can do in the homebrew world that the original Xbox can't (even if the vast majority of it's homebrew was made with a leaked Official SDK). For me, the only difference is $200!

I still have faith in Nintendo. I'm sure they've heard the complaints of their fans and will probably vastly improve the hardware and have Wii 2 (Gamecube 3?) be more than just a gimmick with the Nintendo name printed on the console.

Finally, to get one thing straight, I'm no graphics $#@!. Nintendo obviously pushed the Wii's limits with games like Galaxy and Brawl, it's just that for me Nintendo has always been about quality, not just quality software, but quality hardware as well, not something that would be advanced for 2002.

With that said, here's a list of Wii games I'd buy myself:
    Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes, and Madworld.

Zelda and Resident Evil 4 are already on Gamecube

I only play it for homebrew now. For that reason alone, I considered selling it. And for that reason alone I decided to keep it. But I'm still not sure I like my decision. The more I think on it, it seems I might be better off selling it and putting a nice computer by the TV; that would at least have much more use. I still feel kinda dumb for having a $250 emulator with expensive controllers. I just felt that was more to the Wii.

I haven't played it in months

last time i played my wii was to review a game for it, other then that, i almost never touch it

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    I'm slightly disappointed in Nintendo for releasing the Wii.
    It's technologically inferior to the competing consoles. This suprises me because Nintendo has usually released more powerful hardware then its competitors (SNES, N64, Gamecube to an extent). Now they give their hardcore fans 4 games to live off of and the rest of the Wii library is composed of Gamecube ports with "super fun Wii controls" or $#@!.
    And look what happened, they lost to their weakest rival, PSX was weaker than N64 and PS2 was the weaker console of the past generation and looks, its still selling.

Now thing have turned around, PS3 is the most powerfull console out there and is losing, while the Wii... well, we all know how the Wii is doing on sales, same for the DS, being weaker than the PSP. Whats is selling is the innovation they brought to the market of videogames, the new way of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    As for the Wii having a good homebrew scene, I think it could. Still, there's nothing the Wii can do in the homebrew world that the original Xbox can't (even if the vast majority of it's homebrew was made with a leaked Official SDK). For me, the only difference is $200!
    I'm curious, what do you expect to see on the Wii Scene??? As i'm concerned, XBOX Scene didn't have a game development engine like someone around here is working on

I've just been playing megaman 1 on it and I've turned it into my DVD player. (I don't like switching chords)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information