Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8GB memory stick pro duo assistance

Default 8GB memory stick pro duo assistance

I just got an 8GB tonight for 50 bucks but ummmm....none of my HB or Save Data is showing up guys.

Music, photos and movies....no problem.

Did sony like stop pirating on there memory sticks now?

I cant load anything from GAME150 or GAME....i tried both 4.XX and 1.50 kernels...should i just launch the recovery and just re-install everything again.

Also, im running the most current custom firmware (4.01m33-2) and my 2GB memory sticks work fine right now....WTF is going on? Should i reformat it?

I've never had this problem before.

I remember something about the 8Gb sticks that only in the first or last 4GB you can store homebrew and make it work, or something like that. Although 50 bucks sounds really cheap, make sure is not a fake, when you show up properties it has to say Magicgate: supported, if it says unknown, it is fake

hi am not sure if my card is fake or not but i think mine fake as i nearly have to reformat it nearly every day even more then once a day either that or i did something to it to make it really strange i got 4.01m33-2. gonna to find if there any software to fix or repair it maybe that will make it last longer then a day without reformating.

Its definately fake if you have to reformat it once a day..

Get a genuine one, they have much more advantages

1) Don't break easily (A fake one killed my slim's memory stick slot somehow (Bah has my old slim now, he's done the SD card mod)
    2) Data doesn't go corrupt, this is a problem I had with mine.. I was in china with my new slim and decided to go up to 3.71 M33 with pandora (LOL I know but slim was on 3.60M33) and the dirty memory stick went corrupt and I lost my PSP until i was on a boat with internet and some guy lent me his card reader. (however in the end i threw out the power plug because I thought i'd never get on a plane with it... and I had no charging plug for it (damn chinese)
    3) It ruined a numerous amount of other holidays.
    4) Emulators work better with genuine memory sticks..

So there I prove my point.

Wally

yeah i though it was fake though it kinda of works to a point but it is annoying but have to wait to get some money together to get a new (hopefully not fake) card

Depends where you are from..

You are best to:
    1) Get it from an EBGames / local store
    2) Not get it from eBay (Thats where all the fakes are)
    3) Use a trusted online source like Amazon!

yeah i got mine from ebay lol our local game stores only go up to max 2gb hehe and expensize might try look at amazon but isnt it just like ebay nearly

Where are you from o_O

Amazon sell genuine products.

Wally

oh i though it was kind of like ebay without the bidding bit but i only brought like 2 items before cos it was cheaper then ebay plus i got the +£15 free deliver thing that was on there but it toke forever to get to me. Nottinghamshire, uk. but i will go on it when have money in bank.
    Last edited by b_simpson1999; September 30th, 2008 at 13:18.

i found some that say mark2 on them is mark2 better then normal or not? does it matter about what brand it is as well or does it have to be sony?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information