Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: c64psp v0.3 (Commodore 64 Emulator for PSP)

DCEmu Regular

Ive found that sometimes you have to get the directory of the disk with LOAD"$",8 and manually type in the name of the game like on ROBOCOP, it wont load with LOAD"*",8,1

Urchin u are a god

Cheers

There are also some games (thing on a spring springs to mind ) that are over a certain size and require you to use a loader (which is also on the disk image). However, you need to turn the loader's turbo mode OFF. The game still loads in a couple of seconds though.
    c64psp - http://urch.in/c64psp - c64 emulator for psp

Hello urchin!

First: I am german, and my english isn't very good, sorry for strange spelling.

I really love your c64-emulator, and i have much fun with Alcazar, Exploding Fist , Encounter, Friday the 13th, Zaxxon... they all run very good.

But i have problems with some games, and maybe you (or someone else) can help me or say what's the problem? Alter Ego is one of my alltime favourites, but it only loads and says "please insert disk 1 label side up" (this IS the inserted disk, so that's confusing). Zak McKraken and GemX don't load, too. These are all d64-games, and the working titles are all t64-games. Can you give me a hint what i can try to run the d64-files correctly? Or is this a known problem?

Sorry again for my english, i hope you know what i mean...

Thanks!
    Marko

Hey marko, dein Englisch ist toll!

I've tried the games you listed, and I also can't get them to work. I'll take a look next week to see if I can get them running.

i will also try to find you working versions of these titles.

The compatibility page is going well, but will take some time as there were ALOT of c64 titles

Quote Originally Posted by magicruss
    ...there were ALOT of c64 titles
    Yes, indeed!

Thanks for the fast replys! In fact, i have tried different downloaded versions of "Alter Ego", but they all have the same problem. And they all run on PC-Emulators of the c64, but they all don't run on c64psp and on pspVice. So it doesn't seem to be a Frodo-Problem (?).

Anyway, thanks for your help & care again.

Regards,
    Marko

hello urchin,
    thanks for the port, the performance is quie nice! what i miss is a true drive emulation, many titles just doesn't work (fastloaders). also filerequester for images would be much better - let the users choose where to put their stuff.

I tried enabling true drive emulation the other day, but then it refused to load anything! I'm not sure why, so I need to take a proper look when I get chance.

Sounds good, a c64 emulator 4 my psp. But i cant get it working. I get an error message saying can't start this game (80020130). I have downgraded my psp to version 1.50. did i miss something in the installation ?? (i copied the 2 dirs in the zip to /psp/game ) Any idea what the error message means ?

Make sure you copy the folder c64psp~% after the other c64psp folder and dont disconnect to quick this can do it too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information