Thread: Original Resi remake heads for Wii

Rev Original Resi remake heads for Wii

via Computer and Video Games

The Resident Evil series must be heading for a record for the number of remakes. Add another to the list as Capcom reveals plans to bring the GameCube remake of the original Resident Evil to Wii.

Obviously support for the Wii Remote and it's wavy, pointy malarkey will be added, but no other enhancements were revealed in the Famitsu report, according to translations around the web.

It will also feature support for a GameCube pad, but you're going to play it like that you might as well get a used copy of the GC version for 20p and play that on your Wii instead.

The re-re-release (it's getting silly now) is currently only due for Japan, apparently set for a Christmas day release - nothing like some festive zombie shooting.

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Not worth a wank tbh..Picked up the GC version for £5 a few months back and the added features on the wii one as always don't warrant another purchase..And if you can get it for 20p i will take as many as you can get.

I find it sad that Capcom is re-releasing their GC games with wii-mote support. I thought it was cool in RE4, but this is getting silly. Perhaps they should put the effort into a totally new RE game especially for wii. I guess they did make Umbrella Chronicles, so they are capable of it.
    Oh well, my GC version of the REmake is just fine playing on the wii, thank you.

Thread Information