Thread: Kojima already has ideas for MGS5

ps3 Kojima already has ideas for MGS5

via Eurogamer

Hideo Kojima has said he already has three ideas for Metal Gear Solid 5. Only, he doesn't want the team to pick any of those because he doesn't want to get involved. He's stepping back, remember.

"I have three concepts for MGS5 already. What would be ideal for me with MGS5, though, is that we don't do those," Kojima told 1UP. "If the team picks one of those concepts, I have to get involved again, which I don't want to do.

"There are already so many good ideas from the staff, so if we select one of those, that would be really good. At that point I could really rely on them and take the step back to be the producer, which is the ideal situation, I think."

The renowned developer is far from finished with the industry, and will use the freed time to pursue an experimental idea born long ago.

"Well, I want to create something new, and it's difficult to explain since no one's seen it before. I don't know if it would sell very well," he said.

"I've been warming this up for a long time, and I keep thinking that I'll try this idea. But ideas always change, so I really don't know what the final outcome will be."

More info at 1up

DCEmu Regular

Ive recently borrowed MGS4 from my bro, and I can say that all my instincts were right (didn`t like previous mgs) it`s bull$#@!, good graphics and story though, but the feel of gameplay is so bad, damn jap games allways suck, u have to have a certain mentality to play this $#@!... no offense, just my opinion, and no it`s not hard, splinter cell still owns, ok not as big of a game, but still owns, it`s not a gay nerd lol
    Last edited by Mc_Logical; September 26th, 2008 at 22:57.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mc_Logical View Post
    Ive recently borrowed MGS4 from my bro, and I can say that all my instincts were right (didn`t like previous mgs) it`s bull$#@!, good graphics and story though, but the feel of gameplay is so bad, damn jap games allways suck, u have to have a certain mentality to play this $#@!... no offense, just my opinion, and no it`s not hard, splinter cell still owns, ok not as big of a game, but still owns, it`s not a gay nerd lol
    Although you're entitled to your opinion, I humbly disagree.

The MGS series has long been a nod to the American culture and pop culture. Its so far removed from the Japanese "style" of games that I don't even call it a "Jap" game.

Now had Snake had to "wait his turn" to use his Mk 23 and had a slight chance at a "critical hit" then yeah, I'd call it a Japanese game :rofl:

I never really got into Splinter Cell; but I did like Syphon Filter.

I love the MGS series to death but I hope that MGS5 starts a new saga. A new saga as in: new characters and a storyline that continues years after the events of MGS4.

I hope Kojima gets to make his new game. I'd definitely get it on release.

MGS4 was a disapointment, but maybe i expected too much from it.

They should make another, but start a fresh.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    Although you're entitled to your opinion, I humbly disagree.

The MGS series has long been a nod to the American culture and pop culture. Its so far removed from the Japanese "style" of games that I don't even call it a "Jap" game.

Now had Snake had to "wait his turn" to use his Mk 23 and had a slight chance at a "critical hit" then yeah, I'd call it a Japanese game :rofl:

I never really got into Splinter Cell; but I did like Syphon Filter.
    Part of me was alcohol lol and I meant the feel of gameplay and the way snake moves, it`s just uh! ah! too loose and easy if u will, like other jap games, understand now?

MGS5? Make it a prequel, plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Malksta View Post
    MGS5? Make it a prequel, plz.
    A prequel to a prequel (MGS3)?

I'm getting bored of the story if I'm completely honest, so this good idea better be gameplay wise.

Thread Information