Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry X'mas! Neo Mini 4GB finished!

Default [12-26-05] Merry X'mas! Neo Mini 4GB finished!

Wowzers...

More pics:
    http://www.neoflash.com

Check it out guys...It's done, and it looks great!

Only downside is that it is velcro...
    If you could only swap drives with datel's sleeker(but still huge) device.

@ ic2005.com the 2in1 is 119.00 USD
    The 4in1 is 169.00 USD(with 4GB microdrive).
    The 4in1 PSP pad is 149.00 USD

Would be worth it if you had a few of those microdrives laying around.

DCEmu Newbie

I realize the development cost on something like this is going to be high, but being a developer myself, $150 is stabbing yourself in the foot. $50 a pop would sell more than enough to offset the price difference. At $50 it's affordable, at $150 it's out of most peoples price range. Expecially given the competition.

I'll wait for the $50 solution from a competitor, and the resulting $100 price drop in order to compete.

PSP User

yeah but it include the 4G BYTE Micro-HD for $150, dont look bad

i allready have a 5gb microdrive

DCEmu Newbie

i agree with zero....for those of us that dont want to use microdrives or have compact flash cards lying around already, the option to buy just the adapter would be much more appealing. after hearing the reports of hangs due to accessing on the microdrive when watching movies, im hesitant to use microdrives instead of solid state memory. just my two cents though.

i got the datel one, and there was a slip of paper saying that there will be lag on movies, so they suggest using AVC which needs a higher firmware, so movies is a no go, unless i use the 1gb card..

I have a 2GB Stick and two 1GB sticks im ok

Default Why bother?

As of right now, no PSP game ISO's go over 1 gb (For use playing copies of games you already own ofcourse ;P) so why would anyone want 4 gigs of storage on their PSP? I'm a video encoder, and with homebrew AVI support (not sure about official firmware support) a movie shouldn't run over 600-700MB at the most and I assume that noone can come up with a situation where they would need more than an entire full length feature film to occupy them (On a plane I'd imagine you'd just bring a laptop like a normal person to watch movies. I saw twin 8-10 year old boys with their own laptops at the airport on my last trip to vegas). So in other words, where is my motivation for shilling out almost the cost of a PSP, for memory way above the call of duty that will in essence make my PSP unportable? (I define portable as in my pocket for a mobile gaming platform).

Oh and the 4GB from Datel has made it to the big leagues. Best Buy is carrying them for 220 USD.

DCEmu Newbie

Try getting by a two week trip with PSP, 1 gig ms and no laptop.
    Which game, which music, movie for flight?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiXmas
    As of right now, no PSP game ISO's go over 1 gb
    Wrong. There's lots of ISO's that are over 1gb, Midnight Club for example.

Anyway, the need for 4gb is huge. You must not recognize the PDP abilities of the PSP. I want to carry not only several game ISOs, but a gig or so of mp3s, maybe a movie or two to watch, some TV episodes... etc. I spend 4 hours a week on the subway, each way is an hour. I don't have the time to constantly plug in the PSP and reshuffle what I've got on there. Hell, I want a 200gb PSP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information