Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom FW 1.5 Media Edition

Default Custom FW 1.5 Media Edition

GameShark's custom 1.50 emulated firmware - allowing you to take advantage of additional media codecs available in 2.0!

So what is this? It’s basically firmware version 1.5 with extended media capabilities. You will need to use MPH’s Firmware Launcher in conjunction with this download.

Look Foward to a Flash Version
    Later Editions Will Support 2.0 UMD's, 2.0 Web Browser

Download Via PSP-Hacks.com

Thats excellent work if its successful!

However, I'm now on 2.00 so I can't test

Cheers,
    Fox
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

u can downgrade

I know can downgrade, but I choose not to! All the homebrew I want to use will run in Fanjitas Loader and I have quite a few commercial games that use 2.00!

This is still a great step forward to removing the need to upgrade at all!

Cheers,
    Fox

This is not a step forward at all. Look at what is does. It can run some 2.0 codecs. Big deal, it's still being done under emulation with mphfl. That being the case you are much better off just running the 2.0 or 2.50 firmware under emulation. I'm running 2.50 and I have all the functionality of this so called custom firmware plus I can use the 2.50 web browser.

Untill this firmware can be flashed to your PSP it really serves no purpose being released. All I see it doing is adding to the confusion that many people are experiencing when considering running MPH's firmware launcher.

He's got 2.00 codecs running in 1.50, sorry, I was not aware that this was already acheivable...like I said I'm on 2.00 so it doesn't really affect me, but I've read many posts (here and on other forums) about people trying to write custom firmwares without success, so I think this is progress!

This does prove that a custom firmware is acheivable and by releasing it it could be used to help others trying to create their own. As you said, it still can't be written to the flash, but once that hurdle is cleared...who knows what'll happen! This could even help that to happen!

Whether or not you find it useful, please don't put down other peoples work...it creates an unneccessary negative atmosphere!

Cheers,
    Fox

I just call them like I see them. It's just my opinion and I will continue to post how I feel about a subject untill I am banned. I posted my comments to stimulate some debate on the subject. Isn't that what forums are for or are they only for people who agree with one another? I think you get my drift.

Can I revert back to my original 1.50 firmware??? I dont want to screw with this application unless i know its safe to revert back to my beloved 1.50

Quote Originally Posted by YourStillWithMe
    Can I revert back to my original 1.50 firmware??? I dont want to screw with this application unless i know its safe to revert back to my beloved 1.50
    Yes you can revert back because the modified firmware is running in emulation using the mphfl. You are not actually flashing your PSP's firmware. The thing is that all this modified firmware has right now is codecs to view AVC files and that's it. You can get more out of the currently available 2.0 and 2.50 firmwares that are being run under the mphfl program. These will have more features available than this custom firmware. This custom firmware will provide no advantage untill it can be actually flashed to a PSP. The Idea is a good one but it really is a dead end in the long run for reasons I can not discuss here. (Rules). Hope this answers your question.

I think this is a great release! It doesn't really do much for me (I already have 2.5 working with the firmware loader) but its a great thing for people who arn't tech savy enough to do all the crazy decripting of sonys firmware. Plus they might be able to make one with a brower that doesn't crash every 10 seconds when its emulated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information