Thread: Who Are Japan's Biggest DS Users?

Blog Entries

NDS Who Are Japan's Biggest DS Users?

Go on. Guess. The elderly? WRONG. Teenage girls? WRONG. Japan's biggest users of the DS are (according to this Nintendo-supplied chart, anyways) the same who were the biggest users of the GBA, and the Game Boy before that: boys. Specifically, 10-12 year-old boys. After that, though, it gets interesting. The most dominant demographics after the boys are women in their early 30s, followed by 10-12 year-old girls, followed by men in their early 30s. Not teens, not twenty-somethings, but people in their early 30s. Anyone in charge of putting the questions together for their Friday night pub trivia competition, these ones are on the house.

http://kotaku.com/5058974/who-are-ja...ggest-ds-users

DCEmu Newbie

This information is completely opposite of what I see everyday riding the trains/subways of Tokyo to and from work everyday. The #1 users of the Nintendo DS in Japan are.. Females between the ages of 20-30. Second largest group would be females aged 10-20. Seriously, I almost NEVER see boys aged 15-30 using a Nintendo DS... They almost exclusively have PSPs. Hell, Ive seen more boys playing Neo Geo pockets than Ive seen playing Nintendo DS.

Wouldn't this info come from nintendo's club thing though, if thats the case then it won't be entirely accurate (i.e. some demographics will have a higher percentage of people joining)

I suppose if it was done in Tokyo that suggests it was done properly

Thread Information