Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Higher capacity memory sticks on the way

Blog Entries

Default Higher capacity memory sticks on the way

Source PSPFanboy

Coming from The Memory Stick corner of the Sony booth during the International Consumer Electronics Show that's going on has come the introduction of higher capacity Memory Stick PRO Duo media. Dubbed "Gigabyte Life", the exhibit gives us a look at the 4GB and 8GB memory sticks that will be showing up later on this year.

DCEmu Newbie

mmmmm. 8gbs thats alot wonder how much it will cost

DCEmu Pro

eh.. about the same as a ps3?

I read one report that said $1500 (US$) for the 8GB stick. ...Couldn't find anything official though. I think the bigger issue is whether the PSP could use it. Haven't we heard time and time again that the PSP is capped at 4GB for storage devices?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by b8a
    I read one report that said $1500 (US$) for the 8GB stick. ...Couldn't find anything official though. I think the bigger issue is whether the PSP could use it. Haven't we heard time and time again that the PSP is capped at 4GB for storage devices?
    It could be like the old memory sticks with a small physical switch to activate one 4GB chip or the other.

Sony will probably update the firmware so that, say, firmware 3.0 can use the 4 and 8 GB sticks.

All those 1.00 and 1.50 with loads of isos who would like to use them probably won't be able to use them, unless they upgrade ofcourse, which makes thoses isos useless !

Quote Originally Posted by blaster_boy
    Sony will probably update the firmware so that, say, firmware 3.0 can use the 4 and 8 GB sticks.

All those 1.00 and 1.50 with loads of isos who would like to use them probably won't be able to use them, unless they upgrade ofcourse, which makes thoses isos useless !
    4gb works just fine on the psp the 8gb is something different so you would just get the 4gb and people can do what ever they want. i use iso because they play way better and load faster i buy the games i want and ripp them to play on the msd its way better i have two 2gb msd will buy the 4gb one when its at a good price no need for those lame add on hdd now unless cost is a big deal with them i do like the neo flash thing for the psp though

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Mmmm so more firmware updates from the bastard that is sony on the way then ???

DCEmu Rookie

finally, those 2 gigs will go down in price

PSP Coder

MPH's Firmware Emulator will just emulate the 3.00 and you would be able to use your 8GB Memory Stick... Whenever you want to play homebrew, just Hold RTrig+LTrig+START and there ya go. By that time of course someone will make a custom Firmware WITH UMD running capability and browser... also whatever else they will bring with 3.00. Maybe a sandwich making software... $#@! PSP does pretty much everything other than making me a sandwich, why not implement that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information