Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DCIberias and LTKs Massive Dreamcast Release Fest

I'll always welcome another CPC emulator. My favorite 8 bit and I use WinApe on PC all the time mainly for the Plus features one of which is to play the cartridge version of SwitchBlade (an alltime fave of mine). Any chance of Plus features for this or should I just make do with the disk version (yeah it ain't toooo different but I love the lil extra bits of colors and hardware spritey things)

I think WinApe is not open source... Arnold has cartridge support (including SwitchBlade ). Caprice does not play cartridges and is slower than Arnold, so another reason to consider Arnold as the best choice ;-)

The cardtridges (only some?) can be downloaded from Winapes site. Amstrad gave permission a lot ago for the roms, I think :-)

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bender
    I think WinApe is not open source... Arnold has cartridge support (including SwitchBlade ). Caprice does not play cartridges and is slower than Arnold, so another reason to consider Arnold as the best choice

Yeah I heard Arnold does Plus too but on my PC it gives me a Program Error everytime I try to run it Doesn't matter too much though as WinApe does me fine. Now if I can have my DC running SwitchBlade cart and all my other fave CPC games 100% fullspeed and sound on my big screen TV I'd be damn happy.

Some more cartridge games got dumped recently I think. I have them and they aren't yet part of the CPC Goodset yet last I checked. Nothing particularly amazing but a nice lil find for any CPC rom collectors like myself.

Strange. Arnold does work fine for me. The windows version seems to run fine even under cedega on linux

My CPCs are not the plus versions so I did not have the cartridge unit. I remember at least one that is not dumped, Burning rubber. There should be some more and there was even a console with the cartridge unit.
    It's a pity there're not many dumps. People who have the games should really contribute to dumping so they don't get lost forever

You mean Burning Rubber on its own as opposed to the one that has Amstrad Basic as is used as the start up cart on the Plus machines? Yeah I don't recall seeing that yet but most of the cart games have been dumped now.

Yep. Is not a very good game anyway
    From an unoficial Amstrad database with all the info known about all the CPCs (by Kevin Thacker), here's the complete cartridge list: http://andercheran.aiind.upv.es/~amstrad/docs/carts.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bender
    Yep. Is not a very good game anyway
    I dunno, it was one of my favorite 8 bit racing games. Played it a lot.
    From an unoficial Amstrad database with all the info known about all the CPCs (by Kevin Thacker), here's the complete cartridge list: http://andercheran.aiind.upv.es/~amstrad/docs/carts.htm
    That's out of date. As the cartridge games that were dumped recently that I've got are:
    Arkanoid 2 - Revenge of Doh
    Barbarian 2
    Fire & Forget II
    International Karate Plus
    Mystical
    Tintin on the Moon

Also have Pinball Magic which is listed there as dumped but isn't in the Goodset

So there are more to look for :-). I remember I had Barbarian 2 and Arkanoid 2 (not the cartridge versions because I did not have a CPC+) . Time to sell an xbox and to buy a CPC+ to make bigger my little 8 bit computer collection, lol

Edited

Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow
    That's out of date
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Thacker
    If I have missed any from this list, please e-mail me.
    I forgot to say that if you can contribute to make that list bigger, the Amstrad CPC Resource will be a bit better ;-) http://andercheran.aiind.upv.es/~amstrad/

Is important also to help finding undumped games if you can, so they don't get lost (all the games I have (a lot of cassettes and some disks, are already dumped ;-)

cheers

I'd like a Plus myself. Or at least the GX4000 for a cheap cheap price. Just want to know if this SwitchBlade cart I bought of Ebay last year actually works or not. If not then it makes a nice display on my shelf anyways. Boxed with instructions and all...

Still tryin to get my folks to go in their attic and get me my CPC 464 that I ain't seen in 10 years Dunno if that still works or not...

lol. My 464 works pretty nice yet but the only cassette that seems I'm able to run is Bomb Jack 2 (and I have a pretty nice collection ;-) )
    Really, I don't know if the cassettes are damaged because of the years or if it is the tape drive which is broken (or if it just needs to be cleaned :-) ).

cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information