Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Sony are going to Revamp the PSP What should they Fix/Upgrade ?

Blog Entries

Question If Sony are going to Revamp the PSP What should they Fix/Upgrade ?

Theres many rumours of a revamped Sony PSP coming out maybe later this year but what do we want fixing or upgrading on our Beloved PSPs, well heres my personal list of things id like to see but some may and some may not be fixed.

1) Homebrew Support for all firmware (exceedingly unlikely)
    2) Built in PSP to TV support
    3) Longer Battery power
    4) Built in Hard drive (4gb)

Id like to see them fix the cases of PSP Games or release cases so that people can finally play games that have had faulty cases.

Whats your List ?

answer via the comments

DCEmu Newbie

well... one thing that's always bugged me is the location of the power switch. Am I the only one in the world who accidentally switches their system OFF when trying to reach for the R and the O button at the same time, most of the time in a particularly difficult or exiting moment?

Why oh why is it there? Why not somewhere where your hand cannot possibly be, like the to of the console or something? Weird and annoying.

And how about more memory? Developers seem to run into that wall already and the machine is still in its infancy. Hmm.

Apart from that I love it to bits. Just more games, but that's just a matter of patience

i heard rumors of a 20 gig internal memory which is all i think the psp is missing

1) a built in hard drive, 20gb+
    2)a bigger battery to support this hard drive
    3)full homebrew support, no iso's tho
    that is all

-HDD
    -Better construction of the drive door
    -Less-scratchable plastic used for the screen

DCEmu Newbie

Well, only full homebrew support (not iso's, no need for those), like emulators etc

HDD-with no lag i shud say...so watching movies and music doesn't skip
    -with atleast 10GB
    more comfortable analog stick-maybe something like one's on a ps2 controller
    -but miniturized
    and....ooo...a digital camera!!lol

DCEmu Newbie

I think the possibility of a 20 gb hardrive is highly likely...due to "Connect". Sony's not going to get hardly ANY sales from PSP users if they only have their little 1 or 2 gb cards....even a 4 gb won't generate many sales....their only hope for success on that has to be a hard drive...

also two analog sticks would sure be an IMMENSE improvement on the system....FPS's would be much....much better...and Katamari? need i say more?

better construction overall....the power switch hasn't really been a problem except on my first psp it snapped(for no apparent reason) and would no longer turn it on(thank you EB games warranty).

this could be a firmware update thing too...but i'd like to be able to listen to music while...say..browsing the internet or viewing photos.

but yeah....that's about it.......the homebrew thing will never happen but i guess wishing doesn't hurt. :-p

We may have too wait a while for the hdd cuz sony are releasing the 4 and 8 gb sticks and marketing them for the psp, so why would they do that if they plan to make a hard drive?
    But yeah a psp screen that wont scratch and smudge as easy, also a camera would be ace, although its more of a luxury then a neccesity. Also the two anolgue sticks is a great idea, cuz aswell as fps i heard fighting games dont work so well too.

DCEmu Rookie

what every one has said so far plus more reliable button internals for the bottom row.It appears that every so often I have to remove the face plate and peel off what appears to be a strip of circuits that acts like buttons and reapply it because some how that fixes the problem of my psp having a select button that is always activated even though it is not physicaly depressed.

A touch screen made out of the same fingerprint resistant material PDAs use

Out of the box linux support

A fail safe chip that will contain a non writable flash that boots up when it detects a non working firmware in the other flash chips. This would prevent alot of bricked psps

A faster umd drive

Games that are made on a memory stick medium or solid state medium (doesn't have to be writeable simular ot the Nintendo DS). It is quite possible that they would be alot cheaper to make if they weren't made rewriteable. That way they can sell small games like lumines in a solid state form that will load faster and not eat up batteries.

overall more sturdy. Is it me or is it that the vast majority of people here experienced at least one problem with the psp's construction (broken analog sticks, power buttons,umd drives, scratch appear out of no where, non responsive square button). It feels like I purchased an old used car.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information